What is PRE ALDONIL 75mg Tablet used for?
PRE ALDONIL 75mg Tablet tablet is used for the treatment of the diabetic neuropathy.
PRE ALDONIL 75mg Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does PRE ALDONIL 75mg Tablet work?
In PRE ALDONIL 75mg Tablet, Epalrestat belongs to the class of drugs called anti-diabetic agents. The drug acts by inhibiting the accumulation of certain chemical substances, thereby reducing the hyperosmotic effect and preventing the complications associated with diabetes.
Pregabalin belongs to the class of drugs called anticonvulsants. The drug acts by inhibiting the release of pain signals from reaching the brain, thereby reducing the pain.
How to take PRE ALDONIL 75mg Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take PRE ALDONIL 75mg Tablet tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
- Swallow the tablet Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take the drug 30 minutes before a meal.
If you miss a dose of PRE ALDONIL 75mg Tablet, please take it as soon as you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with PRE ALDONIL 75mg Tablet?
Drugs that interact with PRE ALDONIL 75mg Tablet include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of PRE ALDONIL 75mg Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of PRE ALDONIL 75mg Tablet:
- Blurred Vision
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Speech distrubance
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking PRE ALDONIL 75mg Tablet?
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption of PRE ALDONIL 75mg Tablet.
- Avoid taking the medicine if you are allergic to PRE ALDONIL 75mg Tablet or similar drugs.
- Do not exceed the dose prescribed by the doctor.
- Keep the medication out of reach of children.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if PRE ALDONIL 75mg Tablet causes dizziness or blurred vision.
You are advised not to take PRE ALDONIL 75mg Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking PRE ALDONIL 75mg Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of liver or kidney disease.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
Frequently Asked Questions about PRE ALDONIL 75mg Tablet
- Is it common to experience drowsiness while taking PRE ALDONIL 75mg Tablet?
- How should PRE ALDONIL 75mg Tablet be stored?
- Is it safe to alter the dose of PRE ALDONIL 75mg Tablet?
Yes. Drowsiness is one of the common side effect of PRE ALDONIL 75mg Tablet. Consult the doctor if you experience drowsiness.
PRE ALDONIL 75mg Tablet should be stored at room temperature (15-30°C) away from light, heat and moisture.
No. It is advised not to alter the dose of PRE ALDONIL 75mg Tablet unless recommended by the doctor.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.