PRAZOPILL XL 2.5mg Tablet 10's
By Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd Prescription Needed
*on All Full Pre-Paid Orders
- Cashback validity: 100 days
Please note, before you can choose the low cost generic option, please ask your doctor to add the generic drug to your prescription.
What is PRAZOPILL XL 2.5mg Tablet used for?
PRAZOPILL XL 2.5mg Tablet is used for the treatment of high blood pressure (hypertension).
PRAZOPILL XL 2.5mg Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does PRAZOPILL XL 2.5mg Tablet work?
PRAZOPILL XL 2.5mg Tablet belongs to the class of drugs called alpha-blockers. This drug acts by blocking the postsynaptic alpha-1 receptors. Blocking the alpha receptors results in vasodilation of blood vessels and reduction in the blood pressure.
How to take PRAZOPILL XL 2.5mg Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take PRAZOPILL XL 2.5mg Tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take the drug with or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset.
If you miss a dose of PRAZOPILL XL 2.5mg Tablet, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
The overdose symptoms of PRAZOPILL XL 2.5mg Tablet may include:
- Extreme drowsiness
What are the drugs that interact with PRAZOPILL XL 2.5mg Tablet?
Drugs that interact with PRAZOPILL XL 2.5mg Tablet include the following:
- Sodium Oxybate
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of PRAZOPILL XL 2.5mg Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of PRAZOPILL XL 2.5mg Tablet:
- Lack of energy
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Loss of consciousness
- Difficulty breathing
- Increased heartbeat
- Allergic reactions
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking PRAZOPILL XL 2.5mg Tablet?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to PRAZOPILL XL 2.5mg Tablet or similar drugs.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may worsen the side effects of PRAZOPILL XL 2.5mg Tablet.
- Be cautious while using PRAZOPILL XL 2.5mg Tablet medication in geriatric patients as it can cause a sudden decrease in the blood pressure levels.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if PRAZOPILL XL 2.5mg Tablet causes severe drowsiness or blurred vision.
- Keep the medication away from the reach of children.
- Consult your doctor before taking PRAZOPILL XL 2.5mg Tablet medication during pregnancy.
You are advised not to take PRAZOPILL XL 2.5mg Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking PRAZOPILL XL 2.5mg Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of deep sleep disorder, narcolepsy, heart or kidney problems.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
Frequently Asked questions about PRAZOPILL XL 2.5mg Tablet
- Is it safe to take PRAZOPILL XL 2.5mg Tablet before undergoing an eye surgery?
- Can I perform exercise while taking PRAZOPILL XL 2.5mg Tablet?
- Can I take PRAZOPILL XL 2.5mg Tablet medication during breastfeeding?
- Do I need to be monitored for any laboratory parameters while taking PRAZOPILL XL 2.5mg Tablet?
Avoid taking PRAZOPILL XL 2.5mg Tablet prior to a scheduled eye surgery as it may increase your risk for serious complications. Please consult your doctor.
You can perform mild exercise. However, avoid doing strenuous exercises in hot weather while on PRAZOPILL XL 2.5mg Tablet medication.
Consult your doctor before taking PRAZOPILL XL 2.5mg Tablet medicine during breastfeeding as the drug passes through the breast milk.
You should regularly monitor your blood pressure while taking PRAZOPILL XL 2.5mg Tablet medication.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.