PRAX 10mg Tablet 10's
By Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd Prescription Needed
*on All Full Pre-Paid Orders
- Cashback validity: 100 days
Rs.145.10 (34% Savings)
Rs.196.50 (11% Savings)
Rs.197.50 (11% Savings)
Please note, before you can choose the low cost generic option, please ask your doctor to add the generic drug to your prescription.
What is PRAX 10mg Tablet used for?
PRAX 10mg Tablet is used for the treatment of acute coronary syndrome and sickle cell disease.
PRAX 10mg Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does PRAX 10mg Tablet work?
PRAX 10mg Tablet belongs to the class of drugs called platelet inhibitors. The drug acts by weakening the clumping of platelets. Preventing the clot formation in the blood vessel helps to reduce the blood pressure and improves the blood flow.
How to take PRAX 10mg Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take PRAX 10mg Tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take the drug with or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset.
If you miss a dose of PRAX 10mg Tablet, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
The overdose symptoms of PRAX 10mg Tablet may include:
- Shortness of breath
- Blurred vision
- Trouble walking
- Blood in your stools or vomit
What are the drugs that interact with PRAX 10mg Tablet?
Drugs that interact with PRAX 10mg Tablet include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of PRAX 10mg Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of PRAX 10mg Tablet:
- Blurred vision
- Pounding in ears
- Skin rash
- Stomach upset
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Coughing up blood
- Nose bleeds
- Unusual tiredness
- Chest discomfort
- Irregular heartbeat
- Mouth ulcers
- Slurred speech
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking PRAX 10mg Tablet?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to PRAX 10mg Tablet or similar drugs.
- Avoid using PRAX 10mg Tablet if you have any history of bleeding disorders.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if PRAX 10mg Tablet causes severe drowsiness or vision changes.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Discontinuing the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
- Do not take non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, such as Ibuprofen while using PRAX 10mg Tablet drug, as it may increase the risk of bleeding.
You are advised not to take PRAX 10mg Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking PRAX 10mg Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of bleeding disorder or liver disease.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Notify the doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently Asked questions about PRAX 10mg Tablet
- Is it safe to alter the dose of PRAX 10mg Tablet?
- Is it safe to use PRAX 10mg Tablet medicine in geriatric patients?
- How should PRAX 10mg Tablet be stored?
- Is it necessary to discontinue PRAX 10mg Tablet medicine before a heart surgery?
No. Altering the dose of PRAX 10mg Tablet may increase the risk of side effects. Please consult your doctor.
Avoid using PRAX 10mg Tablet medication in patients above 75 years of age, as it can increase the risk of intracranial bleeding.
PRAX 10mg Tablet medication should be stored at room temperature, away from heat, light and excess moisture. Keep the medication away from the reach of children.
Yes, you must avoid taking PRAX 10mg Tablet medication at least 1 week before undergoing a coronary artery bypass graft (CABG) surgery, as it may increase the risk of bleeding. Please consult your doctor for further information.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.