Rs.38.00 (15% Savings)
Rs.40.00 (11% Savings)
Rs.41.50 (7% Savings)
Please note, before you can choose the low cost generic option, please ask your doctor to add the generic drug to your prescription.
What is PRAMIPEX 0.125mg Tablet used for?
PRAMIPEX 0.125mg Tablet is used for the treatment of Parkinson’s disease. It is also used to treat restless leg syndrome, tremor and stiffness.
PRAMIPEX 0.125mg Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does PRAMIPEX 0.125mg Tablet work?
PRAMIPEX 0.125mg Tablet belongs to the class of drugs called dopamine agonists. This drug acts by stimulating the dopamine receptors in the brain, which helps in relieving the symptoms associated with Parkinson’s disease. The exact mechanism of PRAMIPEX 0.125mg Tablet in treating restless leg syndrome remains unclear.
How to take PRAMIPEX 0.125mg Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take PRAMIPEX 0.125mg Tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the whole tablet. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take the drug with or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset.
If you miss a dose of PRAMIPEX 0.125mg Tablet, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
The overdose symptoms of PRAMIPEX 0.125mg Tablet may include:
- Profuse sweating
- Lack of energy
What are the drugs that interact with PRAMIPEX 0.125mg Tablet?
Drugs that interact with PRAMIPEX 0.125mg Tablet include the following:
- Sodium Oxybate
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of PRAMIPEX 0.125mg Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of PRAMIPEX 0.125mg Tablet:
- Loss of appetite
- Urge to urinate
- Swelling of legs and arms
- Dry mouth
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Dark-coloured urine
- Muscle weakness
- Extreme aggression
- Changes in vision
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking PRAMIPEX 0.125mg Tablet?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to PRAMIPEX 0.125mg Tablet or similar drugs.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption of PRAMIPEX 0.125mg Tablet.
- Do not exceed the dose more than what is prescribed.
- Be cautious while using PRAMIPEX 0.125mg Tablet medication in geriatric patients as they are easily prone to the side effects.
- Keep the medication out of the reach of children.
You are advised not to take PRAMIPEX 0.125mg Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking PRAMIPEX 0.125mg Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of heart problems or sleep disorders.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Notify the doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently Asked questions about PRAMIPEX 0.125mg Tablet
- Do I need to be monitored for any laboratory parameters while taking PRAMIPEX 0.125mg Tablet medication?
- Is it common to experience mood/behaviour changes while on PRAMIPEX 0.125mg Tablet medication?
- Can I take PRAMIPEX 0.125mg Tablet before a scheduled surgery?
Consult your doctor and get the blood pressure checked often while on PRAMIPEX 0.125mg Tablet medication.
Yes. Mood or behavioural changes is one of the common side effects of the drug. However, consult your doctor immediately if the symptoms get worsened.
Consult your doctor before taking PRAMIPEX 0.125mg Tablet medication prior to a scheduled surgery.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.