PRAMIPEX 0.125MG TABLET 10'S
By SUN PHARMACEUTICAL INDUSTRIES LTD Prescription Needed
- Cashback validity: 100 days
|Available substitute||3 substitute/s available|
Rs.38.00 (15% Savings)
Rs.40.00 (11% Savings)
Rs.41.50 (7% Savings)
Please note, before you can choose the low cost generic option, please ask your doctor to add the generic drug to your prescription.
What is Pramipexole Dihydrochloride used for?
Pramipexole Dihydrochloride is used for the treatment of Parkinson’s disease. It is also used to treat restless leg syndrome, tremor and stiffness.
Pramipexole Dihydrochloride may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does Pramipexole Dihydrochloride work?
Pramipexole Dihydrochloride belongs to the class of drugs called dopamine agonists. This drug acts by stimulating the dopamine receptors in the brain, which helps in relieving the symptoms associated with Parkinson’s disease. The exact mechanism of Pramipexole Dihydrochloride in treating restless leg syndrome remains unclear.
How to take Pramipexole Dihydrochloride?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take Pramipexole Dihydrochloride as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the whole tablet. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take the drug with or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset.
If you miss a dose of Pramipexole Dihydrochloride, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
The overdose symptoms of Pramipexole Dihydrochloride may include:
- Profuse sweating
- Lack of energy
What are the drugs that interact with Pramipexole Dihydrochloride?
Drugs that interact with Pramipexole Dihydrochloride include the following:
- Sodium Oxybate
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of Pramipexole Dihydrochloride?
The following are the most common side effects of Pramipexole Dihydrochloride:
- Loss of appetite
- Urge to urinate
- Swelling of legs and arms
- Dry mouth
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Dark-coloured urine
- Muscle weakness
- Extreme aggression
- Changes in vision
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking Pramipexole Dihydrochloride?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to Pramipexole Dihydrochloride or similar drugs.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption of Pramipexole Dihydrochloride.
- Do not exceed the dose more than what is prescribed.
- Be cautious while using Pramipexole Dihydrochloride medication in geriatric patients as they are easily prone to the side effects.
- Keep the medication out of the reach of children.
You are advised not to take Pramipexole Dihydrochloride if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking Pramipexole Dihydrochloride?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of heart problems or sleep disorders.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Notify the doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions about Pramipexole Dihydrochloride
- Do I need to be monitored for any laboratory parameters while taking Pramipexole Dihydrochloride medication?
- Is it common to experience mood/behaviour changes while on Pramipexole Dihydrochloride medication?
- Can I take Pramipexole Dihydrochloride before a scheduled surgery?
Consult your doctor and get the blood pressure checked often while on Pramipexole Dihydrochloride medication.
Yes. Mood or behavioural changes is one of the common side effects of the drug. However, consult your doctor immediately if the symptoms get worsened.
Consult your doctor before taking Pramipexole Dihydrochloride medication prior to a scheduled surgery.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.