POLYTORVA 5mg KIT
What is POLYTORVA 5mg used for?
POLYTORVA 5mg tablet, capsule, kit is used for the treatment of heart attack and stroke.
POLYTORVA 5mg may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does POLYTORVA 5mg work?
In POLYTORVA 5mg, Aspirin belongs to the class of drugs called anti-platelet drugs. It acts by inhibiting the synthesis of certain clotting factors and prevents platelet aggregation, thereby it helps in preventing coagulation.
Atorvastatin belongs to the class of drugs called dyslipidaemic agents. It inhibits certain enzymes, which helps in the synthesis of cholesterol. Thus, it prevents biosynthesis of cholesterol and helps to reduce serum cholesterol levels.
Ramipril belongs to the class of drugs called anti-hypertensive drugs. It acts on certain enzymes and hormones that regulate blood pressure and cause vasodilation. Thus, it helps in preventing cardiovascular diseases.
How to use POLYTORVA 5mg?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Use POLYTORVA 5mg tablet, capsule, kit as prescribed by your doctor.
- Swallow the tablet/capsule Do not crush or chew the tablet/capsule.
- Use the kit as per the guidelines printed on the leaflet.
If you miss a dose of POLYTORVA 5mg, please use it as soon as you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not use a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with POLYTORVA 5mg?
Drugs that interact with POLYTORVA 5mg include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of POLYTORVA 5mg?
The following are the most common side effects of POLYTORVA 5mg:
- Abdominal pain
- Skin rash
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Chest pain
- Difficulty sleeping
- Severe constipation
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking POLYTORVA 5mg?
- Avoid POLYTORVA 5mg during pregnancy or breastfeeding because the safe use of the drug is not yet established.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption of POLYTORVA 5mg.
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to POLYTORVA 5mg or similar drugs.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if POLYTORVA 5mg causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Be cautious while using razors and nail cutters to prevent cuts and bleeding.
You are advised not to use POLYTORVA 5mg if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking POLYTORVA 5mg?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of liver or kidney disease.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
Frequently Asked Questions about POLYTORVA 5mg
- Is it safe to use POLYTORVA 5mg in patients with muscle pains?
- How should POLYTORVA 5mg be stored?
- Is it safe to use POLYTORVA 5mg in lean patients
- Do I need to be monitored for any laboratory parameters while using POLYTORVA 5mg?
No. It is unsafe to use POLYTORVA 5mg in patients with muscle pains, as it worsens the condition.
POLYTORVA 5mg should be stored at room temperature (15 to 30 °c) away from heat and moisture.
No. It is unsafe to use POLYTORVA 5mg in lean patients.
Yes. It is advised to monitor your blood pressure, liver function and cholesterol levels while using POLYTORVA 5mg.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.