What is POLYCAP Capsule used for?
POLYCAP Capsule capsule/tablet is used for the treatment of heart diseases and stroke.
POLYCAP Capsule may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does POLYCAP Capsule work?
In POLYCAP Capsule, Aspirin belongs to the class of drugs called anti-platelets. The drug acts by blocking the action of certain enzymes, which produces thromboxane. Thus, it helps in preventing the blood clots.
Atenolol belongs to the class of drugs called beta-blockers. The drug acts by blocking the action of certain receptors on the heart and blood vessels, thereby reducing the cardiac output. Thus, it lowers the blood pressure.
Hydrochlorothiazide belongs to the class of drugs called thiazide diuretics. The drug acts by inhibiting the reabsorption of water, thereby eliminating the extra salt and water from the body.
Ramipril belongs to the class of drug called angiotensin converting enzyme inhibitors. The drug acts by inhibiting certain enzymes, thereby relaxing the blood vessels and increasing the blood flow.
Simvastatin belongs to the class of drugs called HMG-CoA reductase inhibitor. The drug acts by interfering with the action of certain enzymes in the liver and reduces the cholesterol levels.
How to take POLYCAP Capsule?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take POLYCAP Capsule tablet/capsule as prescribed by your doctor.
- Swallow the tablet/capsule Do not crush or chew the tablet/capsule. Take the drug with or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset.
If you miss a dose of POLYCAP Capsule, please take it as soon as you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with POLYCAP Capsule?
Drugs that interact with POLYCAP Capsule include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of POLYCAP Capsule?
The following are the most common side effects of POLYCAP Capsule:
- Chest pain
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Musculoskeletal disorders
- Abdominal pain
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking POLYCAP Capsule?
- Avoid taking the medicine if you are allergic to POLYCAP Capsule or similar drugs.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption of POLYCAP Capsule.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if POLYCAP Capsule causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Avoid POLYCAP Capsule during pregnancy or breastfeeding because the safe use of the drug is not yet established.
- Do not stop taking the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Stopping the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
- Do not exceed the dose prescribed by the doctor.
You are advised not to take POLYCAP Capsule if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking POLYCAP Capsule?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of liver, kidney or other respiratory diseases.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Notify your doctor if you get pregnant while taking POLYCAP Capsule.
Frequently Asked Questions about POLYCAP Capsule
- How should POLYCAP Capsule be stored?
- Should I follow any special dietary instructions while taking POLYCAP Capsule?
- Do I need to be monitored for any laboratory parameters while taking POLYCAP Capsule?
POLYCAP Capsule should be stored at room temperature, away from heat, light and moisture.
Yes. It is advised to take a fibre rich diet while taking POLYCAP Capsule.
It is advised to monitor your blood pressure regularly while taking POLYCAP Capsule.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.