PLANEP T 20mg Tablet 10's
By Lupin Ltd Prescription Needed
What is PLANEP T 20mg Tablet used for?
PLANEP T 20mg Tablet tablet is used for the treatment of high blood pressure and oedema.
PLANEP T 20mg Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does PLANEP T 20mg Tablet work?
In PLANEP T 20mg Tablet, Eplerenone belongs to the class of drugs called aldosterone antagonists. The drug acts by blocking the action of aldosterone, which in turn lowers the water and sodium retention in the body. Thus, it helps in reducing high blood pressure.
Torsemide belongs to the class of drugs called diuretics. The drug acts by removing excess fluid from the body by enabling the kidney to excrete electrolytes and water, along with sodium chloride. Thereby, it helps in relieving the symptoms of oedema and lowers blood pressure.
How to take PLANEP T 20mg Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take PLANEP T 20mg Tablet tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
- Swallow the tablet Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take the drug with or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset.
If you miss a dose of PLANEP T 20mg Tablet, please take it as soon as you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with PLANEP T 20mg Tablet?
Drugs that interact with PLANEP T 20mg Tablet include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of PLANEP T 20mg Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of PLANEP T 20mg Tablet:
- Unusual tiredness
- Stomach pain
- Flu-like symptoms
- Breast tenderness of enlargement
- Frequent urination
- Excessive thirst
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Muscle cramps
- Irregular heartbeat
- Swelling of the legs
- Abnormal vaginal bleeding
- Chest pain
- Trouble breathing
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking PLANEP T 20mg Tablet?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to PLANEP T 20mg Tablet or similar drugs.
- Seek doctor’s advice before taking any other drug or herbal products while on PLANEP T 20mg Tablet.
- Avoid taking PLANEP T 20mg Tablet within 4 hours of your bedtime as it can increase the frequency of urination.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption of PLANEP T 20mg Tablet.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if PLANEP T 20mg Tablet causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Be cautious while taking PLANEP T 20mg Tablet if you are suffering from a severe liver injury.
You are advised not to take PLANEP T 20mg Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking PLANEP T 20mg Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of heart, kidney or liver diseases.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Inform your doctor if you have high potassium levels.
Frequently Asked Questions about PLANEP T 20mg Tablet
- How much time does PLANEP T 20mg Tablet take to show its effect?
- Do I need to be monitored for any laboratory parameters while taking PLANEP T 20mg Tablet?
- Is it safe to take PLANEP T 20mg Tablet in geriatric patients?
- Do I need to follow any dietary precautions while taking PLANEP T 20mg Tablet medicine?
It takes about 1 hour of time for PLANEP T 20mg Tablet to show its effect after the intake of medicine.
It is advisable to closely monitor the blood glucose levels as PLANEP T 20mg Tablet medicine can increase the sugar levels in the body. Also, monitor the blood volume levels as the drug can cause electrolyte imbalance.
Be cautious while taking PLANEP T 20mg Tablet in older adults as it may increase the risk of side effects and potassium levels in the body.
Avoid consuming grapefruit or drinking grapefruit juice while on PLANEP T 20mg Tablet.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.