PIOZ MF 15mg Tablet 10's
By Usv Private Ltd Prescription Needed
What is PIOZ MF 15mg Tablet used for?
PIOZ MF 15mg Tablet is used to control blood sugar levels in patients with type 2 diabetes. This combination should be used in conjunction with healthy diet and exercise for effective glycaemic control.
How does PIOZ MF 15mg Tablet work?
PIOZ MF 15mg Tablet is an anti-diabetic medicine. In PIOZ MF 15mg Tablet, Metformin Hydrochloride works by decreasing the amount of glucose absorbed from food in the intestine and glucose production in the liver. Pioglitazone works by increasing the body's sensitivity to insulin, thus helping in the control of blood sugar levels.
How to take PIOZ MF 15mg Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take PIOZ MF 15mg Tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the whole tablet. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take the drug with food to prevent stomach upset.
If you miss a dose of PIOZ MF 15mg Tablet, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with PIOZ MF 15mg Tablet?
Drugs that interact with PIOZ MF 15mg Tablet include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of PIOZ MF 15mg Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of PIOZ MF 15mg Tablet:
- Abdominal pain
- Altered taste
- Loss of appetite
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Allergic skin reactions
- Fast heartbeat
- Loss of consciousness
- Profuse sweating
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking PIOZ MF 15mg Tablet?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to PIOZ MF 15mg Tablet or similar drugs.
- Be cautious while taking PIOZ MF 15mg Tablet if you have any kidney or liver impairment.
- Seek doctor’s advice before taking any other drug or herbal products while on PIOZ MF 15mg Tablet.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption of PIOZ MF 15mg Tablet.
- Do not exceed the dose more than what is prescribed.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Stopping the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
You are advised not to take PIOZ MF 15mg Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discoloration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking PIOZ MF 15mg Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of irregular heart rate, diabetic ketoacidosis, congestive heart failure, kidney, liver or thyroid problem.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Inform the doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently Asked Questions about PIOZ MF 15mg Tablet
- Is it safe to use PIOZ MF 15mg Tablet for type 1 diabetes?
- Can I stop taking PIOZ MF 15mg Tablet if I feel better?
- What are the symptoms of hypoglycaemia that may occur while taking PIOZ MF 15mg Tablet?
- Do I need to be monitored for any laboratory parameters while taking PIOZ MF 15mg Tablet?
No. PIOZ MF 15mg Tablet medicine is used only for the treatment of type 2 diabetes.
No. Continue taking PIOZ MF 15mg Tablet medicine even if you feel better. Abrupt discontinuation would lead to recurrence of the disease.
The symptoms of hypoglycaemia while taking PIOZ MF 15mg Tablet include headache, sweating, hunger, irritability, dizziness, confusion, or feeling shaky.
Blood sugar levels should be monitored while taking PIOZ MF 15mg Tablet medicine to check for the effect of the drug.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.