What is PICZAR 4.5gm Injection used for?
PICZAR 4.5gm Injection is used for the treatment of pneumonia and bacterial infections of the abdomen.
PICZAR 4.5gm Injection may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does PICZAR 4.5gm Injection work?
In PICZAR 4.5gm Injection , Piperacillin belongs to the class of drugs called penicillin antibiotics. This drug acts by inhibiting the bacterial cell wall synthesis. It binds to the penicillin binding protein and initiates the process of cell lysis. Thus, it helps in inhibiting the growth of the bacteria.
Tazobactam belongs to the class of drugs called antibiotics. This drug acts by inhibiting the action of certain enzymes that are produced by bacteria as a part of defence mechanism.
How to use PICZAR 4.5gm Injection ?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual.
PICZAR 4.5gm Injection is available as an injection. Therefore, it should be administered under medical supervision.
If you miss a dose of PICZAR 4.5gm Injection , please consult your doctor immediately.
What are the drugs that interact with PICZAR 4.5gm Injection ?
Drugs that interact with PICZAR 4.5gm Injection include the following:
- Cholera vaccine
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of PICZAR 4.5gm Injection ?
The following are the most common side effects of PICZAR 4.5gm Injection :
- Abdominal pain
- Redness at the site of injection
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Watery/bloody diarrhoea
- Pale-coloured skin
- Shortness of breath
- Increased heart rate
- Unusual bleeding
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while receiving PICZAR 4.5gm Injection ?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to PICZAR 4.5gm Injection or similar drugs.
- Keep the medication away from the reach of children.
- Do not use PICZAR 4.5gm Injection medicine if the colour of the solution is changed or if it appears to be cloudy.
- Seek doctor’s advice before taking any other drug or herbal products while using PICZAR 4.5gm Injection medication.
What should you tell your doctor before receiving PICZAR 4.5gm Injection ?
- Tell your doctor if you have a history of cystic fibroids.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs such as cephalosporins, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Inform your doctor before using PICZAR 4.5gm Injection prior to a scheduled surgery.
Frequently Asked Questions about PICZAR 4.5gm Injection
- Is it safe to alter the dose of PICZAR 4.5gm Injection medicine?
- Can I use PICZAR 4.5gm Injection while suffering from kidney disease?
- Do I need to be monitored for any laboratory parameters while on PICZAR 4.5gm Injection ?
- Can I continue to use birth control pills while using PICZAR 4.5gm Injection ?
No. Altering the dose of PICZAR 4.5gm Injection medication may increase the risk of convulsions or neuromuscular excitability.
Using PICZAR 4.5gm Injection medication while suffering from renal impairment may delay the process of recovery. Please consult your doctor.
Yes, it is advised to monitor complete blood cell count, sodium/potassium levels, liver and kidney function while on PICZAR 4.5gm Injection .
No, PICZAR 4.5gm Injection medicine may decrease the effectiveness of the birth control pills. Please consult your doctor.