What is PHYTORAL 2% EYE DROPS used for?
Oral or topicalPHYTORAL 2% EYE DROPS is recommended for the treatment of fungal infections of the skin such as athlete’s foot, jock itch, ringworm, dry and flaking skin. PHYTORAL 2% EYE DROPS shampoo is used for the treatment of dandruff.
PHYTORAL 2% EYE DROPS may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does PHYTORAL 2% EYE DROPS work?
PHYTORAL 2% EYE DROPS belongs to the class of drugs called anti-fungal agents. This drug acts by inhibiting the action of fungal cytochrome and impairs the synthesis of ergosterol by interfering with the cell wall synthesis.
How to use PHYTORAL 2% EYE DROPS?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Use PHYTORAL 2% EYE DROPS as prescribed by your doctor.
- Swallow the whole tablet. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take the drug with food to prevent stomach upset.
- Apply a thin layer of PHYTORAL 2% EYE DROPS cream/lotion/ointment over the affected area and rub it gently. Make sure that the skin is clean and dry before applying the medication.
- Wet the hair and scalp with water, apply PHYTORAL 2% EYE DROPS shampoo and gently massage the entire scalp to work up a good lather, and rinse with warm water.
What are the drugs that interact with PHYTORAL 2% EYE DROPS?
Drugs that interact with PHYTORAL 2% EYE DROPS tablet include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of PHYTORAL 2% EYE DROPS?
The following are the most common side effects of PHYTORAL 2% EYE DROPS tablet:
The following are the severe side effects, and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Fast heartbeat
- Mental changes
- Thought of suicide
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions PHYTORAL 2% EYE DROPS?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to PHYTORAL 2% EYE DROPS or similar drugs.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor.
- Do not exceed the dose more than prescribed.
- Avoid PHYTORAL 2% EYE DROPS during pregnancy or breastfeeding because the safe use of the drug is not yet established.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption of PHYTORAL 2% EYE DROPS tablet.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if PHYTORAL 2% EYE DROPS causes dizziness or blurred vision.
What should you tell your doctor before using PHYTORAL 2% EYE DROPS?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of heart, liver, kidney or respiratory diseases.
- Inform the doctor if you are using any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Inform your doctor if you are allergic to sulfites.
- Notify the doctor if you have any history of chronic skin conditions.
Frequently Asked Questions about PHYTORAL 2% EYE DROPS
- How should Ketoconazol e be stored?
- How long can I take PHYTORAL 2% EYE DROPS tablet?
- Do I need to be monitored for any laboratory parameters while taking PHYTORAL 2% EYE DROPS tablet?
- Should I follow any special dietary instructions while taking PHYTORAL 2% EYE DROPS tablet?
- Can I take PHYTORAL 2% EYE DROPS tablet while using statins?
Store PHYTORAL 2% EYE DROPS at room temperature, away from light and moisture.
The length of treatment with PHYTORAL 2% EYE DROPS depends on the severity of medical condition. Consult your doctor for further information.
Liver function test must be regularly performed while using PHYTORAL 2% EYE DROPS.
No. Follow a regular diet while using PHYTORAL 2% EYE DROPS unless suggested by the doctor.
No. Do not take PHYTORAL 2% EYE DROPS while using statins, as these drugs may increase the risk of liver damage and rhabdomyolysis when used together.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.