What is PERODUO Gel used for?
PERODUO Gel is used for the treatment of Acne vulgaris when comedones (blackheads and whiteheads), papules (pimple) and pustules (small swelling containing pus or fluid) are present on the skin.
PERODUO Gel may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by your doctor.
How does PERODUO Gel topical gel work?
- Adapalene is a retinoid-like compound which
- penetrates deep inside the skin pores and prevents the build-up of dead skin and sebum that leads to acne formation;
- blocks the hardening processes of the outer skin layer which helps in shedding of old hardened skin cells, thereby promoting growth of new skin cells;
- blocks the inflammatory reaction, which help to reduce soreness and irritation of skin.
- Benzoyl Peroxide is an anti-microbial agent which works by softening and peeling the outer layer of skin. Benzoyl Peroxide also prevents the sebum formation in the skin, thereby decreasing the production of acne.
How to use PERODUO Gel?
- The application of topical gel of PERODUO Gel depends on medical condition of an individual. Apply PERODUO Gel gel as prescribed by your doctor.
- PERODUO Gel is for EXTERNAL USE ONLY.
- Apply PERODUO Gel only once a day (in evening). Wash the area to be applied with water thoroughly. Make sure the skin is clean and dry before applying the medicine.
- Take a thin film of PERODUO Gel gel on your fingertip and apply on the affected area gently.
- Wash your hands properly after applying PERODUO Gel gel.
- Avoid application of PERODUO Gel into eyes or lips.
- Do not apply PERODUO Gel on cuts, abrasion or eczematous skin.
- PERODUO Gel is not to be used in children below 9 years of age.
- Your doctor will tell you how long you will need to use PERODUO Gel
- If irritation occurs after application of PERODUO Gel gel, please stop applying and consult your doctor immediately.
- If you miss a dose of PERODUO Gel gel, please apply it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not apply a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
- If you have used more PERODUO Gel than advised or have accidentally swallowed PERODUO Gel gel, please contact your doctor immediately.
What are the drugs that interact with PERODUO Gel?
Drugs that interact with PERODUO Gel:
- Aromatic and Alcoholic agents
- Other retinoid and Benzoyl Peroxide agents
- Peeling agents
- Skin abrasive cleaners
- Skin drying agents
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of PERODUO Gel?
Most common side effects of PERODUO Gel are:
- Dry skin
- Irritation of the skin
- Burning sensation of the skin
- Redness of the skin (erythema)
Please stop applying PERODUO Gel gel and contact your physician immediately if you have
- eyelid oedema;
- tightness in throat;
- dry skin, skin irritation, skin burning sensation, erythema, scaling of skin;
- irritant contact dermatitis (blistering, cracking skin, swelling, stiffness of skin, ulcers on skin, sore skin forming crust);
- itching, sunburn.
This is not a comprehensive list of side effects. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking PERODUO Gel?
- Seek doctor’s advice before taking any other drug or herbal products while on PERODUO Gel.
- If you are using other medications for acne which contain benzoyl peroxide, retinoid, they may be applied in the morning and PERODUO Gel may be applied in the evening.
- If you have a hypersensitivity skin reaction, please stop using PERODUO Gel gel immediately.
- If you have applied PERODUO Gel gel by mistake into eyes, mouth, nostrils or mucous membrane, wash immediately with warm water.
- PERODUO Gel has propylene glycol (E1520) as excipient which may cause skin irritation.
You are advised not to take PERODUO Gel if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
- you have a severe form of acne.
What should you tell your doctor before taking PERODUO Gel?
Tell your doctor if
- you are allergic to PERODUO Gel or to any ingredients of this medicine.
- you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- you are planning a surgery or any procedure.
- you are pregnant or trying to conceive or are breastfeeding.
Frequently Asked questions about PERODUO Gel
- How should PERODUO Gel be stored?
- Should I follow any special dietary instructions while taking PERODUO Gel gel?
- How long will it take for PERODUO Gel to work?
- Can I go out in the sun while applying Adapalene?
PERODUO Gel should be stored below 25° C in a cool, dry place. Keep the medicine away from sunlight and do not freeze the medicine. Keep the medicine out of reach from children.
There are no dietary restrictions if you are taking PERODUO Gel gel.
It may take from 1 to 4 weeks for PERODUO Gel gel to work. Please consult your doctor for more information.
If possible, limit your sun exposure. If you are going outside, apply sunscreen as advised by your doctor. If you are using PERODUO Gel in the morning, then let is dry first and then apply the sunscreen.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.