Please note, before you can choose the low cost generic option, please ask your doctor to add the generic drug to your prescription.
What is PERCEPTAL?
- PERCEPTAL contains Piracetam which belongs to a group of medicines known as GABA analogues
- It acts on the brain and nervous system and is thought to protect it against a shortness of oxygen
WARNING & PRECAUTIONS
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
Talk to your doctor before taking this medicine, if you:
- are allergic to piracetam or any of the other ingredients of this medicine.
- have kidney problems
- have brain haemorrhage
- suffer from Huntington ‘s disease (also known as Huntington‘s Chorea)
- have bleeding problem
- If you are pregnant or breast-feeding, think you may be pregnant or planning to have baby, ask your doctor for advice before taking this medicine
- Always take this medicine exactly as your doctor has told you
- The recommended starting dose for adults is 7.2 g each day. Split the dose so that the medicine is taken on two or three separate occasions during the day
- Swallow the medicine whole with a glass of water
- Do not break or chew the medicine
If you take more PERCEPTAL
- If you take more PERCEPTAL or if someone else has taken your medicine, talk to your doctor immediately and you may need Medical attention
If you forget to take PERCEPTAL
- If you have forgotten to take your PERCEPTAL take them as soon as possible on the same day. Do not take a double dose
If you stop taking PERCEPTAL
- Do not stop taking PERCEPTAL without first talking to your doctor. Abruptly stopping your medicine may cause twitching and jerking
Like all medicines, this medicine can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them.
- allergic reaction marked by trouble breathing, swelling, fever
- spontaneous bleeding caused by defects in your blood clotting mechanism
- worse fits
- difficulty balancing and unsteadiness when standing
- anxiety and agitation, confusion
- restlessness, nervousness or sleepiness
- depression, headache
- weight increase
- stomach pain
- feeling or being sick
- skin rash and itching
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.