PENTASA Powder 1gm
By Ferring Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd Prescription Needed
*on All Full Pre-Paid Orders
- Cashback validity: 100 days
What is PENTASA Powder used for?
PENTASA Powder is used for the treatment of ulcerative colitis and ulcerative proctitis. It is also recommended to treat Crohn’s disease and proctosigmoiditis.
PENTASA Powder may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does PENTASA Powder work?
PENTASA Powder belongs to the class of drugs called anti-inflammatory agents. The drug acts by inhibiting the synthesis of prostaglandins and leukotrienes in the gastro-intestinal mucosa. This reduces inflammation in the GI tract.
How to use PENTASA Powder ?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Use PENTASA Powder as prescribed by your doctor.
- Mix the required amount of PENTASA Powder powder in a glass of cold water and drink it immediately.
- Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take the drug with or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset.
- Please follow the instructions provided on the leaflet while using PENTASA Powder enema.
If you miss a dose of PENTASA Powder , please use it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not use a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with PENTASA Powder ?
Drugs that interact with PENTASA Powder include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of PENTASA Powder ?
The following are the most common side effects of PENTASA Powder :
- Feeling sick
- Abdominal pain
The following are the severe side effects, and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Muscle pain
- Unusual tiredness
- Tingling in the fingers or toes
- Shortness of breath
- Chest pain
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while using PENTASA Powder ?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to PENTASA Powder or similar drugs.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption of PENTASA Powder .
- Avoid PENTASA Powder during pregnancy or breastfeeding because the safe use of the drug is not yet established.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Stopping the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
- Do not exceed the dose more than prescribed.
What should you tell your doctor before using PENTASA Powder ?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of heart, liver, kidney or respiratory diseases.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Notify your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently Asked questions about PENTASA Powder
- How long can I use PENTASA Powder ?
- What are the overdose symptoms of PENTASA Powder ?
- Is it safe to use PENTASA Powder in patients with asthma?
- Do I need to be monitored for any laboratory parameters while taking PENTASA Powder ?
- Can I use PENTASA Powder while on Mercaptopurine?
PENTASA Powder is often prescribed for long-term use. However, the treatment duration depends on the severity of the disease condition, response to the treatment and other medications.
The overdose symptoms of PENTASA Powder include ringing in the ears, confusion, rapid breath and seizures. You must seek immediate medical care if you experience any of the above symptoms.
No. It is not safe to use PENTASA Powder in asthma patients.
Kidney function tests must be regularly monitored while using PENTASA Powder .
No. Use of PENTASA Powder while using Mercaptopurine may increase the risk of side effects.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.