What is PEGRED C Powder used for?
PEGRED C Powder is used to treat constipation and induce gastric emptying before colonoscopy.
PEGRED C Powder may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does PEGRED C Powder work?
PEGRED C Powder belongs to the class of drugs called laxatives. This combination acts by increasing fluid content in the intestines, which results in softening the stools. Thus, it promotes gastric emptying by easing the passage of stools.
How to use PEGRED C Powder ?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take PEGRED C Powder as prescribed by your doctor.
Shake the suspension well to ensure uniform mixing of the drug. Use a measuring cup to measure each dose. Take the drug with or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset.
If you miss a dose of PEGRED C Powder medicine, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with PEGRED C Powder ?
Drugs that interact with PEGRED C Powder include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of PEGRED C Powder ?
The following are the most common side effects of PEGRED C Powder :
- Abdominal discomfort
- Feeling of abdominal fullness
- Increased thirst
- Loss of appetite
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Severe stomach pain
- Decreased urine output
- Increased heartbeat
- Numbness of hand and feet
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking PEGRED C Powder ?
- Be cautious while taking PEGRED C Powder syrup if you have any kidney or liver impairment.
- Avoid taking the medicine if you are allergic to PEGRED C Powder or similar drugs.
- Do not exceed the dose more than what is prescribed.
- Take PEGRED C Powder syrup regularly as prescribed.
You are advised not to take PEGRED C Powder if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking PEGRED C Powder ?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of hypertension, ulcers or gastrointestinal perforation.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Notify the doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently Asked questions about PEGRED C Powder
- Is it safe to use PEGRED C Powder syrup during pregnancy?
- Is it safe to alter the dose of PEGRED C Powder ?
- Should I follow any dietary instructions while on PEGRED C Powder ?
Yes, increase the intake of fibrous rich foods and plenty of fluids to alleviate constipation while on PEGRED C Powder .
Consult the doctor before taking PEGRED C Powder syrup during pregnancy as the safe use of the medicine during pregnancy.
Altering the dose of PEGRED C Powder syrup may increase the risk of electrolyte imbalance and diarrhoea. Therefore, altering the dose of the medicine is not advised.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.