Please enter your name, mobile number and E-mail ID, and we will send you an email when the requested item is back in stock.
PECEF DT 50mg Tablet 10's
By Dr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd Prescription Needed
*on All Full Pre-Paid Orders
- Cashback validity: 100 days
(Max Rs.125) Extra Rs.50 cashback for Amazon Prime members. T&C Apply.
Rs.50.00 (44% Savings)
Rs.54.40 (39% Savings)
Rs.54.40 (39% Savings)
Rs.54.40 (39% Savings)
Rs.69.50 (23% Savings)
Please note, before you can choose the low cost generic option, please ask your doctor to add the generic drug to your prescription.
What is PECEF DT 50mg Tablet used for?
PECEF DT 50mg Tablet capsule/dry syrup/oral drops/syrup/tablet is used for the treatment of bacterial infections. It is used for the treatment of following conditions:
- Ear infection
- Upper respiratory tract infection
- Skin infection
- Urinary tract infections
PECEF DT 50mg Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does PECEF DT 50mg Tablet work?
PECEF DT 50mg Tablet belongs to the class of drugs called cephalosporin antibiotics. The drug acts by inhibiting the bacterial cell wall synthesis by binding to certain proteins and causes the death of bacteria. Thus, it reduces the bacterial infection.
How to take PECEF DT 50mg Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take PECEF DT 50mg Tablet capsule/dry syrup/oral drops/syrup/tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
- Swallow the tablet/capsule Do not crush or chew the tablet/capsule. Take the drug with or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset.
- Take dry syrup as per the guidelines printed on the leaflet.
- For oral drops , measure the required amount of drug in a graduated dropper and instil into the mouth.
- Shake the syrup well before using taking each dose so as to ensure the uniform mixing of the drug. Use a measuring cup while taking each dose.
If you miss a dose of PECEF DT 50mg Tablet, please take it as soon as you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with PECEF DT 50mg Tablet?
Drugs that interact with PECEF DT 50mg Tablet include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of PECEF DT 50mg Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of PECEF DT 50mg Tablet:
- Abdominal pain
- Decreased appetite
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Difficulty in breathing
- Chest pain
- Dark urine
- Abdominal cramps
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking PECEF DT 50mg Tablet?
- Avoid taking the medicine if you are allergic to PECEF DT 50mg Tablet or similar drugs.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption of PECEF DT 50mg Tablet.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if PECEF DT 50mg Tablet causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Avoid PECEF DT 50mg Tablet during pregnancy or breastfeeding because the safe use of the drug is not yet established.
- Do not stop taking the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Stopping the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
- Do not exceed the dose prescribed by the doctor.
You are advised not to take PECEF DT 50mg Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking PECEF DT 50mg Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of liver, kidney or heart diseases.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
Frequently Asked Questions about PECEF DT 50mg Tablet
- How should PECEF DT 50mg Tablet be stored?
- Is it safe to receive vaccines while taking PECEF DT 50mg Tablet?
- Can PECEF DT 50mg Tablet be taken by patients having a history of seizures?
- Can I undergo sugar test while taking PECEF DT 50mg Tablet?
PECEF DT 50mg Tablet should be stored at room temperature (15 - 30°C) away from heat, light and moisture.
No. It is advised not to receive any vaccines while taking PECEF DT 50mg Tablet, as the effect of vaccines gets reduced.
No. It is advised not to take PECEF DT 50mg Tablet in patients having a history of seizures, as it worsens the condition.
No. It is advised not to undergo sugar test while taking PECEF DT 50mg Tablet, as it alters the test results.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.