What is PAPARIN Injection used for?
PAPARIN Injection is used in the treatment of muscle spasms of gastrointestinal tract, urinary system and gall bladder. It is also used to treat erectile dysfunction.
PAPARIN Injection may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does PAPARIN Injection work?
PAPARIN Injection belongs to the class of drugs called vasodilators. This drug acts by relaxing the cerebral blood vessels and decreases the cerebral vascular resistance. Thus, it helps in decreasing the spasms.
How to administer PAPARIN Injection ?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual.
PAPARIN Injection injection should be administered only under medical supervision.
If you miss a dose of PAPARIN Injection , please contact the doctor immediately.
What are the drugs that interact with PAPARIN Injection ?
Drugs that interact with PAPARIN Injection include the following:
- Arsenic trioxide
What are the side effects of PAPARIN Injection ?
The following are the most common side effects of PAPARIN Injection :
- Abdominal pain
- Blurred vision
- Dark coloured urine
- Yellow eyes/skin
- Loss of appetite
- Pain/redness at the injection site
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Increased heartbeat
- Passing out
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while receiving PAPARIN Injection ?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to PAPARIN Injection or similar drugs.
- Be cautious while taking PAPARIN Injection if you have any kidney or liver impairment.
- Keep the medication out of reach of children.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Stopping the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
- Do not exceed the dose more than what is prescribed.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if PAPARIN Injection causes dizziness or blurred vision.
You are advised not to receive PAPARIN Injection if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before receiving PAPARIN Injection ?
- Tell your doctor if you have any medical condition of glaucoma, Parkinson’s disease and heart related disorders.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Notify your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently Asked questions about PAPARIN Injection
- Can I alter the dose of PAPARIN Injection ?
- How long should I receive PAPARIN Injection ?
- What are the contraindications of PAPARIN Injection ?
No, it is not advised to alter the dose of PAPARIN Injection as it may result in severe side effects.
PAPARIN Injection should be received for the prescribed duration. Please consult your doctor if you must discontinue the drug.
PAPARIN Injection is contraindicated in the patients with heart block, liver and kidney impairment.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.