Please enter your name, mobile number and E-mail ID, and we will send you an email when the requested item is back in stock.
PANTAGON IT Capsule 6's
By Abbott Health Care Solutions Pvt Ltd Prescription Needed
*on All Full Pre-Paid Orders
- Cashback validity: 100 days
What is PANTAGON IT Capsule used for?
PANTAGON IT Capsule is used for the management of duodenal and gastric ulcer. It is also used for the treatment of following conditions:
- Gastro-oesophageal reflux disease
- Zollinger-Ellison syndrome
- Diabetic gastroparesis
- Non-ulcer dyspepsia
- Chronic gastritis
PANTAGON IT Capsule may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does PANTAGON IT Capsule work?
In PANTAGON IT Capsule, Itopride belongs to the class of drugs called gastro-intestinal tract regulators. Itopride acts by increasing the concentration of acetylcholine, which promotes gastric motility and improves gastro-duodenal coordination.
Pantoprazole belongs to the class of drugs called proton-pump inhibitors. This drug acts by inhibiting gastric acid secretion by binding to certain sites on the secretary surface of gastric parietal cells.
How to take PANTAGON IT Capsule?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take PANTAGON IT Capsule as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the whole capsule. Do not open, crush, or chew the capsule. Take the drug 30 minutes before or two hours after having a meal.
If you miss a dose of PANTAGON IT Capsule, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed.
What are the drugs that interact with PANTAGON IT Capsule?
Drugs that interact with PANTAGON IT Capsule include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of PANTAGON IT Capsule?
The following are the most common side effects of PANTAGON IT Capsule:
The following are the severe side effects, and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Atrophic gastritis
- Stevens-Johnson syndrome
- Epidermal necrolysis
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions PANTAGON IT Capsule?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to PANTAGON IT Capsule or similar drugs.
- Seek doctor’s advice before taking any other drugs or herbal products while on PANTAGON IT Capsule
- Do not exceed the dose more than prescribed.
- Avoid using PANTAGON IT Capsule if you have a history of gastric malignancy.
- Be cautious while taking PANTAGON IT Capsule if you have any liver, kidney or liver impairment.
- Do not use this medication in children younger than 12 years of age.
You are advised not to take PANTAGON IT Capsule if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking PANTAGON IT Capsule?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of heart, kidney, liver or any respiratory diseases.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Inform your doctor if you have any history of osteoporosis or bone disorders as PANTAGON IT Capsule may weaken your bones.
Frequently Asked Questions about PANTAGON IT Capsule
- Is it safe to use PANTAGON IT Capsule in patients with osteoporosis?
- How should PANTAGON IT Capsule be stored?
- Do I need to be monitored for any laboratory parameters while taking PANTAGON IT Capsule?
- What is the usual dosage of PANTAGON IT Capsule?
Use of PANTAGON IT Capsule may weaken your bones. Therefore, consult your doctor before using the drug to prevent further complications.
Store PANTAGON IT Capsule at room temperature, away from light and moisture.
Blood electrolyte levels and bone mineral tests must be regularly monitored while using PANTAGON IT Capsule.
The usual dosage of PANTAGON IT Capsule is one capsule twice a day. Consult your doctor for further information.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.