Rs.47.70 (50% Savings)
Rs.57.70 (40% Savings)
Rs.81.50 (15% Savings)
Rs.85.00 (12% Savings)
Rs.90.00 (7% Savings)
Please note, before you can choose the low cost generic option, please ask your doctor to add the generic drug to your prescription.
What is OXCAZO 300mg Tablet used for?
OXCAZO 300mg Tablet is used for the treatment of seizures.
OXCAZO 300mg Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does OXCAZO 300mg Tablet work?
OXCAZO 300mg Tablet belongs to the class of drugs called anti-epileptic drugs. This drug acts by inhibiting the transmission of synaptic impulses. Thus, it helps in reducing seizures.
How to take OXCAZO 300mg Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take OXCAZO 300mg Tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take the drug before or after meals.
If you miss a dose of OXCAZO 300mg Tablet, please take immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to compensate for the missed dose.
The overdose symptoms of OXCAZO 300mg Tablet include the following:
You must seek immediate medical care if you experience any of the above symptoms.
What are the drugs that interact with OXCAZO 300mg Tablet?
Drugs that interact with OXCAZO 300mg Tablet include the following:
- Benzoic acid
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of OXCAZO 300mg Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of OXCAZO 300mg Tablet:
- Trouble sleeping
- Abdominal pain
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Suicidal thoughts
- Behavioural changes
- Mood alterations
- Vision impairment
- Uncontrollable eye movements
- Easy bleeding
- Unusual tiredness
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking OXCAZO 300mg Tablet?
- Avoid taking the medicine if you are allergic to OXCAZO 300mg Tablet or similar drugs.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption of OXCAZO 300mg Tablet.
- Be cautious while taking OXCAZO 300mg Tablet if you have any kidney or liver impairment.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if OXCAZO 300mg Tablet causes blurred vision or dizziness.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Stopping the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
- Do not exceed the dose more than what is prescribed.
- Avoid taking OXCAZO 300mg Tablet if you are pregnant as the safe use of the drug is not yet established.
You are advised not to take OXCAZO 300mg Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking OXCAZO 300mg Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any medical conditions of liver or kidney disease.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Notify your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently Asked questions about OXCAZO 300mg Tablet
- How should OXCAZO 300mg Tablet be stored?
- Should I follow any special dietary instructions while taking OXCAZO 300mg Tablet?
- Do I have to be monitored for any laboratory parameters while taking OXCAZO 300mg Tablet?
OXCAZO 300mg Tablet should be stored at 25OC away from sunlight, heat and radiation.
Yes, it is advised to consume sodium-rich diet while taking OXCAZO 300mg Tablet.
Yes. Complete blood count should be regularly performed while taking OXCAZO 300mg Tablet.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.