OVACET Tablet 10's
What is OVACET Tablet used for?
OVACET Tablet powder, tablet is used for the treatment of anaemia and osteoporosis.
OVACET Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does OVACET Tablet work?
In OVACET Tablet, Cholecalciferol is a nutritional supplement that acts on the intestine by binding to the vitamin D receptors and increases calcium absorption. Thus, it helps in improving the calcium levels in the body.
L Methylfolate is used as a nutritional supplement. It acts by producing and maintaining new cells in the body. It also prevents certain changes in DNA that lead to cancer.
Myo Inositol is a vitamin supplement. It acts by balancing certain chemicals that support the body function during disease conditions.
How to take OVACET Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take OVACET Tablet powder, tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
- Swallow the tablet Do not crush or chew the tablet.
- Empty the powder into a glass of water, stir well to ensure the content is completely dissolved and consume immediately. It is recommended to take as per doctor’s instructions.
If you miss a dose of OVACET Tablet, please take it as soon as you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with OVACET Tablet?
Drugs that interact with OVACET Tablet include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of OVACET Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of OVACET Tablet:
- skin rash
- Upset stomach
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Difficulty swallowing
- Fast heartbeat
- Tightness in the chest
- Trouble breathing
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking OVACET Tablet?
- Avoid taking the medicine if you are allergic to OVACET Tablet or similar drugs.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption of OVACET Tablet.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if OVACET Tablet causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Avoid OVACET Tablet during pregnancy or breastfeeding because the safe use of the drug is not yet established.
- Keep the medication out of reach of children.
You are advised not to take OVACET Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.