OTEK AC PLUS EAR Drops 5ml
By Fdc Ltd Prescription Needed
*on All Full Pre-Paid Orders
- Cashback validity: 100 days
What is OTEK AC PLUS Ear Drops used for?
OTEK AC PLUS Ear Drops ear drops are used for the treatment of ear infections.
OTEK AC PLUS Ear Drops may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does OTEK AC PLUS Ear Drops work?
In OTEK AC PLUS Ear Drops, Beclomethasone belongs to the class of drugs called corticosteroids. The drug acts by exhibiting anti-inflammatory and immunosuppressive properties, thereby reducing the allergies and infection caused due to the micro-organisms.
Chloramphenicol belongs to the class of drugs called antibiotics. The drug acts by binding to bacterial ribosomes and inhibits the bacterial protein synthesis, thereby reducing the infection.
Clotrimazole belongs to the class of drugs called anti-fungals. The drug acts by inhibiting the biosynthesis of certain essential components of the cell membrane, thereby preventing the growth of fungus and reducing the infection.
Lignocaine belongs to the class of drugs called anesthetics. The drug acts by inhibiting the ionic fluxes that are essential for initiating and conducting impulses and alters the signals. Thus, it helps to numb the tissue in the specific area.
How to use OTEK AC PLUS Ear Drops?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Use OTEK AC PLUS Ear Drops ear drops as prescribed by your doctor.
- Instil 2-3 ear drops into the affected ear carefully by following the instructions given on the prescription label.
If you miss a dose of OTEK AC PLUS Ear Drops, please use it as soon as you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not use a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with OTEK AC PLUS Ear Drops?
Drugs that interact with OTEK AC PLUS Ear Drops include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of OTEK AC PLUS Ear Drops?
The following are the most common side effects of OTEK AC PLUS Ear Drops:
- Mild stinging sensation
- Pruritis in the ear
- Burning sensation in the ear
- Redness of the skin inside and outside the ear
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while using OTEK AC PLUS Ear Drops?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to OTEK AC PLUS Ear Drops or similar drugs.
- Do not use OTEK AC PLUS Ear Drops if it contains any suspended matter or particles in the solution.
- Avoid getting OTEK AC PLUS Ear Drops ear drops into the eyes.
- Consult your doctor before using OTEK AC PLUS Ear Drops during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
- Do not cover the ear with cotton after using OTEK AC PLUS Ear Drops.
You are advised not to use OTEK AC PLUS Ear Drops if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before using OTEK AC PLUS Ear Drops?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of liver diseases.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Tell the doctor if you have undergone any surgical procedure of the ear in recent times.
Frequently Asked Questions about OTEK AC PLUS Ear Drops
- How should OTEK AC PLUS Ear Drops be stored?
- Is it safe to instil few extra drops of OTEK AC PLUS Ear Drops for faster recovery?
- How long can I use OTEK AC PLUS Ear Drops?
OTEK AC PLUS Ear Drops should be stored between 2-8oC. Do not freeze the medicine and protect it from heat and light.
No. It is not advisable to increase the dose of OTEK AC PLUS Ear Drops more than prescribed, as it can increase the risk of side effects.
OTEK AC PLUS Ear Drops should not be used for more than one week. Consult your doctor if you are using the medicine for more than a week.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.