Please enter your name, mobile number and E-mail ID, and we will send you an email when the requested item is back in stock.
OSTONEX Capsule 10's
What is OSTONEX Capsule used for?
OSTONEX Capsule capsule, tablet, syrup is used for the treatment of calcium deficiency disorders, hypoparathyroidism and postmenopausal osteoporosis.
OSTONEX Capsule may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does OSTONEX Capsule work?
In OSTONEX Capsule, Calcitriol belongs to the class of drugs called vitamin D analogues. The drug acts by binding to the intracellular receptors, which function as transcription factors to regulate the gene expression. It also acts by increasing calcium absorption in the intestine, thereby increasing the serum calcium levels.
Calcium is used as a supplement. It acts by regulating the uptake and binding of amino acids. It acts by maintaining the calcium balance in the body.
How to take OSTONEX Capsule?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take OSTONEX Capsule capsule/tablet/syrup as prescribed by your doctor.
- Swallow the tablet/capsule Do not crush or chew the tablet/capsule.
- Take the drug with or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset.
- In case of syrup , shake the suspension well before taking each dose so as to ensure the uniform mixing of the drug.
- Use a measuring cup while taking each dose.
If you miss a dose of OSTONEX Capsule, please take it as soon as you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
The overdose symptoms of OSTONEX Capsule include the following:
- Loss of appetite
- Unusual weakness
- Abdominal cramps
You must seek immediate medical care if you experience any of the above symptoms.
What are the drugs that interact with OSTONEX Capsule?
Drugs that interact with OSTONEX Capsule include the following:
- Ferrous fumarate
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of OSTONEX Capsule?
The following are the most common side effects of OSTONEX Capsule:
- Abdominal pain
- Dry mouth
- Loss of appetite
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Abdominal pain
- Increased thirst
- Muscle pain
- Irregular heartbeat
- Severe dizziness
- Trouble breathing
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking OSTONEX Capsule?
- Avoid taking the medicine if you are allergic to OSTONEX Capsule or similar drugs.
- Avoid taking OSTONEX Capsule if you are suffering from hypercalcemia (increased levels of calcium in the blood).
- Keep the medication out of reach of children.
- Be cautious while taking OSTONEX Capsule if you have any kidney impairment.
You are advised not to take OSTONEX Capsule if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking OSTONEX Capsule?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of heart diseases, renal dysfunction or undergoing dialysis treatment.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
Frequently Asked Questions about OSTONEX Capsule
- Is it safe to alter the dose of OSTONEX Capsule medicine for a faster recovery?
- Can I take OSTONEX Capsule during pregnancy?
- Do I need to be monitored for any laboratory parameters while taking OSTONEX Capsule?
- How should OSTONEX Capsule be stored?
No. It is not advisable to alter the dose of OSTONEX Capsule without doctor’s consent.
Consult your doctor to discuss the potential risks and benefits of OSTONEX Capsule during pregnancy.
It is required to monitor the levels of serum calcium, phosphorus, magnesium, and alkaline phosphatase levels while taking OSTONEX Capsule medicine.
OSTONEX Capsule should be stored between 15-300C. Protect the medication from heat, light, and moisture.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.