What is OSRAL FC 60mg Tablet used for?
OSRAL FC 60mg Tablet is used for the treatment of osteoporosis in post-menopausal women.
OSRAL FC 60mg Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does OSRAL FC 60mg Tablet work?
OSRAL FC 60mg Tablet belongs to the class of drugs called selective oestrogen receptor modulators (SERMs). This drug acts by reducing the bone resorption and increasing the bone mineral density in post-menopausal women. It also acts by blocking the uterotrophic responses to oestrogen. Thus, it strengthens the bones and reduces the risk of fractures.
How to take OSRAL FC 60mg Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take OSRAL FC 60mg Tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take the drug with or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset.
If you miss a dose of OSRAL FC 60mg Tablet, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
The overdose symptoms of OSRAL FC 60mg Tablet may include:
- Leg cramps
- Loss of coordination
What are the drugs that interact with OSRAL FC 60mg Tablet?
Drugs that interact with OSRAL FC 60mg Tablet include the following:
- Tranexamic Acid
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of OSRAL FC 60mg Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of OSRAL FC 60mg Tablet:
- Painful urination
- Skin rash
- Chest pain
- Swelling of hands or feet
- Frequent urge to urinate
- Congestion in throat
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Trouble breathing
- Changes in vision
- Leg cramps
- Severe dizziness
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking OSRAL FC 60mg Tablet?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to OSRAL FC 60mg Tablet or similar drugs.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may worsen the side effects of OSRAL FC 60mg Tablet.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if OSRAL FC 60mg Tablet causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Be cautious while taking OSRAL FC 60mg Tablet if you have any history of high serum triglyceride levels.
- Increase the intake of calcium and vitamin D supplements while taking OSRAL FC 60mg Tablet medication.
You are advised not to take OSRAL FC 60mg Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking OSRAL FC 60mg Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of kidney or liver disease.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Tell your doctor if you are taking Raloxifine medication while on Warfarin.
- Inform your doctor if you are scheduled for any surgery.
- Consult your doctor if you experience any vaginal bleeding while taking this medicine.
Frequently Asked questions about OSRAL FC 60mg Tablet
- Is it safe to breastfeed while on OSRAL FC 60mg Tablet medication?
- How should OSRAL FC 60mg Tablet be stored?
- Can I suggest OSRAL FC 60mg Tablet to another person with same symptoms?
- Is it safe to take OSRAL FC 60mg Tablet if I have a history of clotting disorder?
Avoid nursing a baby while taking OSRAL FC 60mg Tablet medication. However, consult your doctor during breastfeeding.
OSRAL FC 60mg Tablet should be stored at room temperature, away from heat, light and moisture. Keep the medication away from the reach of children.
No. It is not advised to suggest OSRAL FC 60mg Tablet medication to another person with same symptoms. OSRAL FC 60mg Tablet should be taken only when prescribed by the doctor.
OSRAL FC 60mg Tablet may increase the risk of blood clot formation in the blood vessels. Notify the doctor about your health condition before using the drug.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.