Please enter your name, mobile number and E-mail ID, and we will send you an email when the requested item is back in stock.
What is ORTHOLIX OD Tablet used for?
ORTHOLIX OD Tablet tablet is used for the treatment of osteoarthritis.
ORTHOLIX OD Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does ORTHOLIX OD Tablet work?
In ORTHOLIX OD Tablet, Diacerein belongs to the class of drugs called non-steroidal anti-inflammatory and anti-rheumatic products. It works by inhibiting the activity of interleukin 1, which in turn reduces the production of a gene responsible for inflammation. Thus, helps in reducing pain and swelling.
Glucosamine belongs to the class of drugs called non-steroidal anti-inflammatory and anti-rheumatic products. It acts by stimulating the cartilage and fluid formation around the joints, thereby reducing friction, stiffness and pain. It also inhibits the chemicals causing inflammation and pain.
How to take ORTHOLIX OD Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take ORTHOLIX OD Tablet tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
- Swallow the tablet Do not crush or chew the tablet.
If you miss a dose of ORTHOLIX OD Tablet, please take it as soon as you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
The overdose symptoms of ORTHOLIX OD Tablet may include the following:
You must seek immediate medical care if you experience any of the above symptoms.
What are the drugs that interact with ORTHOLIX OD Tablet?
Drugs that interact with ORTHOLIX OD Tablet are:
- Aluminium Hydroxide
- Magnesium Hydroxide
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of ORTHOLIX OD Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of ORTHOLIX OD Tablet:
- Abdominal pain
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Severe diarrhoea
- Severe abdominal pain
- Allergic reaction (rare)
- Yellowing of skin and eyes
- Increase in liver enzyme levels
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking ORTHOLIX OD Tablet?
- Seek doctor’s advice before taking any other drug or herbal products while on ORTHOLIX OD Tablet
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption of ORTHOLIX OD Tablet
- Do not exceed the dose prescribed by the doctor.
You are advised not to take ORTHOLIX OD Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking ORTHOLIX OD Tablet?
- Inform your doctor if you have any history of diabetes, high cholesterol, cancer, liver disease, kidney problems, chronic inflammatory conditions of the gut; or any dehydration problems.
- Inform your doctor if you are allergic to ORTHOLIX OD Tablet or similar drugs.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or breast feeding while taking ORTHOLIX OD Tablet.
Frequently Asked questions about ORTHOLIX OD Tablet
- How should I store ORTHOLIX OD Tablet?
- Should I take ORTHOLIX OD Tablet with/without food?
- Do I have to monitor any laboratory parameters while taking ORTHOLIX OD Tablet?
You should store ORTHOLIX OD Tablet at a temperature below 25 °C away from moisture and heat.
You are recommended to take ORTHOLIX OD Tablet with food.
It is advised to monitor blood glucose level and liver enzyme levels as ORTHOLIX OD Tablet may elevate blood sugar level. For further information consult your physician.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.