ORCIBEST 10MG TABLET 10'S
What is Orciprenaline used for?
Orciprenaline is used for the treatment of respiratory disorders, such as asthma, emphysema and chronic bronchitis.
Orciprenaline may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does Orciprenaline work?
Orciprenaline belongs to the class of drugs called bronchodilators. The drug acts by relaxing the airway muscles, which helps in lowering the breathing difficulties. Thus, it helps in decreasing the symptoms associated with bronchial diseases.
How to take Orciprenaline?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take Orciprenaline as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet.
If you miss a dose of Orciprenaline, please take it as soon as you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to compensate for the missed dose.
The overdose symptoms of Orciprenaline include the following:
- Chest pain
- Hypokalaemia (decreased potassium levels)
- Severe nausea
- Fast heartbeat
You must seek immediate medical care if you experience any of the above symptoms.
What are the drugs that interact with Orciprenaline?
Drugs that interact with Orciprenaline include the following:
What are the side effects of Orciprenaline?
The following are the most common side effects of Orciprenaline:
- Bad taste
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Chest pain
- Increased heartbeat
- Difficulty in breathing
- Increased blood glucose levels
- Increased potassium levels
- Muscle cramps
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking Orciprenaline?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to Orciprenaline or similar drugs.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if Orciprenaline causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly, unless instructed by the doctor. Stopping the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
- Do not exceed the dose more than what is prescribed.
- Keep the medication out of reach of children.
- Avoid taking Orciprenaline if you are pregnant as the same use of the drug is not yet established.
You are advised not to take Orciprenaline if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking Orciprenaline?
- Tell your doctor if you have any medical condition such as diabetes mellitus, hyperthyroidism, hypertension or heart-related diseases.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Notify your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions about Orciprenaline
- How should Orciprenaline be stored?
- How much time does Orciprenaline take to show its effect?
- Do I need to be monitored for any laboratory parameters while taking Orciprenaline?
- What are the contraindications of Orciprenaline?
Orciprenaline should be stored at a temperature of 15 – 30? C away from light and heat.
Orciprenaline may take 1-4 hrs to show its effect.
Yes, it is advised to monitor for complete blood cell count, blood sugar levels, liver and kidney function while taking Orciprenaline.
Orciprenaline is contraindicated in patients with cardiac arrhythmias and tachycardia.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.