What is OPTINEURON Injection used for?
OPTINEURON Injection injection, syrup, tablet
is used for the treatment of vitamin B deficiency.
OPTINEURON Injection may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does OPTINEURON Injection work?
In OPTINEURON Injection , Cyanocobalamin belongs to the class of nutritional supplement. It helps the body in turning food into energy, thereby maintaining healthy nerves, skin and blood cells.
Pyridoxine belongs to vitamin B group. It helps in the metabolism of amino acids, synthesis of nucleic acids and haemoglobin.
Thiamine belongs to the class of vitamins. It plays a key role in neurological functioning.
How to use OPTINEURON Injection ?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Use OPTINEURON Injection injection, syrup, tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
- Swallow the tablet Do not crush or chew the tablet.
- Shake the suspension well before taking each dose so as to ensure the uniform mixing of the drug. Use a measuring cup while taking each dose.
- OPTINEURON Injection injection should be administered only under medical supervision.
If you miss a dose of OPTINEURON Injection , please use it as soon as you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not use a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with OPTINEURON Injection ?
Drugs that interact with OPTINEURON Injection include the following:
- Arsenic trioxide
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of OPTINEURON Injection ?
The following are the most common side effects of OPTINEURON Injection :
- Difficulty in swallowing
- Itching of skin
- Pale skin
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Difficulty in breathing
- Numbness of hands or feet
- Swelling of face, lips, or eyelids
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while using OPTINEURON Injection ?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to OPTINEURON Injection or similar drugs.
- Avoid OPTINEURON Injection during pregnancy or breastfeeding because the safe use of the drug is not yet established.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Stopping the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
- Do not exceed the dose prescribed by the doctor.
- Keep the medication out of reach of children.
You are advised not to use OPTINEURON Injection if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before using OPTINEURON Injection ?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of kidney or liver disease.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Notify your doctor if you get pregnant while using OPTINEURON Injection .
Frequently Asked Questions about OPTINEURON Injection
- Is it safe to use OPTINEURON Injection in hypokalaemia?
- Is it common to experience an eye pain while using OPTINEURON Injection ?
- What are the natural sources of OPTINEURON Injection ?
- How should OPTINEURON Injection tablet be stored?
No. It is unsafe to use OPTINEURON Injection in hypokalaemia (decreased potassium levels).
No. Eye pain is a not a common side effect of OPTINEURON Injection . It is advisable to consult the doctor on experiencing eye pain.
The natural sources of OPTINEURON Injection include poultry, nuts, soybeans, lentils and rice.
OPTINEURON Injection should be stored at room temperature away from sunlight, heat and moisture.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.