OPIPROL 100mg Tablet 10's
What is OPIPROL 100mg Tablet used for?
OPIPROL 100mg Tablet is used for the treatment of anxiety disorders and mental illnesses.
OPIPROL 100mg Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does OPIPROL 100mg Tablet work?
OPIPROL 100mg Tablet belongs to the class of drugs called anti-depressants. The drug acts by increasing the levels of certain chemical messengers in the brain, which helps in restoring the chemical balance in the brain. Thus, it helps in decreasing the mental illnesses.
How to take OPIPROL 100mg Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take OPIPROL 100mg Tablet tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet.
If you miss a dose of OPIPROL 100mg Tablet, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to compensate for the missed dose.
The overdose symptoms of OPIPROL 100mg Tablet include the following:
- Cardiac depression
You must seek immediate medical care if you experience any of the above symptoms.
What are the drugs that interact with OPIPROL 100mg Tablet?
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of OPIPROL 100mg Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of OPIPROL 100mg Tablet:
- Nasal congestion
- Dry mouth
- Blurred vision
- Speech impairment
- Increased thirst
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Decreased blood pressure
- Increased sweating
- Urinary retention
- Skin rash
- Irregular heartbeat
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking OPIPROL 100mg Tablet?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to OPIPROL 100mg Tablet or similar drugs.
- Do not exceed the dose more than what is prescribed.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if OPIPROL 100mg Tablet causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Consult the doctor before taking any other drug along with OPIPROL 100mg Tablet.
- Keep the medication out of reach of children.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Stopping the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return
- Avoid taking OPIPROL 100mg Tablet if you are pregnant as the safe use of the drug is not yet established.
- Avoid taking OPIPROL 100mg Tablet if you have decreased heartbeat, arrhythmias or other cardiac diseases.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption of the drug.
You are advised not to take OPIPROL 100mg Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking OPIPROL 100mg Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of severe kidney or liver impairment, arrhythmias, bradycardia or hypotension.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Notify your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently Asked questions about OPIPROL 100mg Tablet
- How should OPIPROL 100mg Tablet be stored?
- How long can I take OPIPROL 100mg Tablet?
- What are the contraindications of OPIPROL 100mg Tablet?
- Do I need to be monitored for any laboratory parameters while taking OPIPROL 100mg Tablet?
OPIPROL 100mg Tablet should be stored at room temperature (15 – 30OC) away from sunlight, heat and radiation.
OPIPROL 100mg Tablet should be taken for the prescribed duration. Please consult the doctor before continuing the medication.
OPIPROL 100mg Tablet is contraindicated in patients with severe kidney or liver impairment, enlarged prostate, glaucoma, seizures, epilepsy, bowel obstruction and pyloric stenosis.
Yes, it is advised to monitor for liver function test regularly while taking OPIPROL 100mg Tablet.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.