What is ONCOTRON 2mg Injection used for?
ONCOTRON 2mg Injection is used for the treatment of certain types of cancers, which include the following:
- Prostate cancer
- Multiple sclerosis
- Breast cancer
- Non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma
ONCOTRON 2mg Injection may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does ONCOTRON 2mg Injection work?
ONCOTRON 2mg Injection belongs to the class of drugs called anti-neoplastic drugs. The drug acts by interfering with ribonucleic acid and disrupts topoisomerase II, which is responsible for repairing damaged DNA. Thus, it helps in decreasing the multiplication of the cancerous cells.
How to administer ONCOTRON 2mg Injection ?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual.
ONCOTRON 2mg Injection is available as an injection. Therefore, it should be administered under medical supervision in a clinic setting.
If you miss a dose of ONCOTRON 2mg Injection , please consult your doctor immediately.
The overdose symptoms of ONCOTRON 2mg Injection may include:
- Trouble breathing
- Upper respiratory infection
- Change in urine colour
What are the drugs that interact with ONCOTRON 2mg Injection ?
Drugs that interact with ONCOTRON 2mg Injection include the following:
- Rubella virus vaccine
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of ONCOTRON 2mg Injection ?
The following are the most common side effects of ONCOTRON 2mg Injection :
- Loss of appetite
- Extreme tiredness
- Back pain
- Bladder pain
- Stomach pain
- Frequent urge to urinate
- Black, tarry stools
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Swollen glands
- Difficulty swallowing
- Shortness of breath
- Swelling or redness at the site of injection
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while receiving ONCOTRON 2mg Injection ?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to ONCOTRON 2mg Injection or similar drugs.
- Do not use ONCOTRON 2mg Injection medicine if the colour of the solution is changed or if it appears to be cloudy.
- Seek doctor’s advice before taking any other drug or herbal products while on ONCOTRON 2mg Injection medication.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if ONCOTRON 2mg Injection medication causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Do not alter the dose of ONCOTRON 2mg Injection medicine without consulting a doctor.
What should you tell your doctor before receiving ONCOTRON 2mg Injection ?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of heart problems.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Tell your doctor before using ONCOTRON 2mg Injection medication during pregnancy.
Frequently Asked questions about ONCOTRON 2mg Injection
- Is it safe to use ONCOTRON 2mg Injection medication before a surgery?
- Can I use ONCOTRON 2mg Injection in case of a low white blood cell count?
- Do I need to be monitored for any laboratory parameters while on ONCOTRON 2mg Injection medication?
- Can I receive vaccination while on ONCOTRON 2mg Injection medication?
- Is it safe to use ONCOTRON 2mg Injection medication in geriatric patients?
Consult your doctor before using ONCOTRON 2mg Injection medication prior to a scheduled surgery.
Avoid using ONCOTRON 2mg Injection medication if you have a history of low white blood cell count. However, consult your doctor before using the medication.
Yes, ONCOTRON 2mg Injection may interfere with the heart function. Therefore, periodic monitoring of heart function is advised while on ONCOTRON 2mg Injection medication.
You should not receive any vaccines while on ONCOTRON 2mg Injection medication. Consult your doctor for further information.
Be cautious while using ONCOTRON 2mg Injection medicine in older adults as they are at increased risk of developing side effects.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.