Please enter your name, mobile number and E-mail ID, and we will send you an email when the requested item is back in stock.
OLSERTAIN AM Tablet 10's
By Dr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd Prescription Needed
*on All Full Pre-Paid Orders
- Cashback validity: 100 days
What is OLSERTAIN AM Tablet used for?
OLSERTAIN AM Tablet tablet is used for the treatment of hypertension.
OLSERTAIN AM Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does OLSERTAIN AM Tablet work?
In OLSERTAIN AM Tablet, Amlodipine belongs to the class of drugs called calcium channel blockers. The drug acts by inhibiting the intake of calcium ions into the vascular smooth muscles, thereby relaxing the blood vessels. Thus, it helps in reducing the blood pressure.
Olmesartan belongs to the class of drugs called angiotensin receptor blockers. The drug acts by inhibiting the action certain receptors and relaxes the blood vessels. Thus, it helps in lowering the blood pressure and improving the blood supply.
How to take OLSERTAIN AM Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take OLSERTAIN AM Tablet tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
- Swallow the tablet Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take the drug with or without food.
If you miss a dose of OLSERTAIN AM Tablet, please take it as soon as you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with OLSERTAIN AM Tablet?
Drugs that interact with OLSERTAIN AM Tablet include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of OLSERTAIN AM Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of OLSERTAIN AM Tablet:
- Rapid weight gain
- Chest pain
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Irregular heartbeat
- Muscle weakness
- Unusual sweating
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking OLSERTAIN AM Tablet?
- Avoid taking the medicine if you are allergic to OLSERTAIN AM Tablet or similar drugs.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption of OLSERTAIN AM Tablet.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if OLSERTAIN AM Tablet causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Avoid OLSERTAIN AM Tablet during pregnancy or breastfeeding because the safe use of the drug is not yet established.
- Do not stop taking the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Stopping the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
- Do not exceed the dose prescribed by the doctor.
You are advised not to take OLSERTAIN AM Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking OLSERTAIN AM Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of liver, kidney, thyroid or any respiratory diseases.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
Frequently Asked Questions about OLSERTAIN AM Tablet
- How should OLSERTAIN AM Tablet be stored?
- Should I follow any special dietary instructions while taking OLSERTAIN AM Tablet?
- Can OLSERTAIN AM Tablet be taken by obese patients?
- Do I need to be monitored for any laboratory parameters while taking OLSERTAIN AM Tablet?
OLSERTAIN AM Tablet should be stored at room temperature away from heat, light and moisture.
Yes, it is advised to follow low-sodium diet while taking OLSERTAIN AM Tablet.
No, it is not advised to take OLSERTAIN AM Tablet in obese patients, as it causes unusual weight gain.
Yes, it is advised to monitor blood pressure and electrolyte levels regularly while taking OLSERTAIN AM Tablet.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.