OLMIN LN 40mg Tablet 10's
By Others Prescription Needed
*on All Full Pre-Paid Orders
- Cashback validity: 100 days
What is OLMIN LN 40mg Tablet used for?
OLMIN LN 40mg Tablet tablet is used for the treatment of hypertension.
OLMIN LN 40mg Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does OLMIN LN 40mg Tablet work?
In OLMIN LN 40mg Tablet, Cilnidipine belongs to the class of drugs called calcium channel blockers. The drug acts by blocking the entry of calcium into the heart, thereby decreasing the workload on the heart. Thus, it helps in treating hypertension.
Olmesartan belongs to the class of drugs called angiotensin II receptor antagonists. The drug acts by relaxing the blood vessels, thereby reducing the blood pressure and allowing the heart to pump more efficiently.
How to take OLMIN LN 40mg Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take OLMIN LN 40mg Tablet tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
- Swallow the tablet Do not crush or chew the tablet.
If you miss a dose of OLMIN LN 40mg Tablet, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with OLMIN LN 40mg Tablet?
Drugs that interact with OLMIN LN 40mg Tablet are:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of OLMIN LN 40mg Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of OLMIN LN 40mg Tablet:
- Skin rash
- Decrease in libido
- Stomach pain
The following are the severe side effects, and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Muscle weakness
- Irregular heartbeat
- Severe diarrhoea
- Swelling of face, lips, eyelids, tongue and extremities
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking OLMIN LN 40mg Tablet?
- Consult the doctor before taking any other drug along with OLMIN LN 40mg Tablet.
- Avoid OLMIN LN 40mg Tablet if you are allergic to it.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if OLMIN LN 40mg Tablet causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption of OLMIN LN 40mg Tablet
You are advised not to take OLMIN LN 40mg Tablet if
- It has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- The foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking OLMIN LN 40mg Tablet?
- Inform your doctor if you have any pre-existing medical conditions, such as kidney disease, liver disease and dehydration.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplement
- Tell your doctor if you become pregnant while taking OLMIN LN 40mg Tablet
Frequently Asked questions about OLMIN LN 40mg Tablet
- Do I need to monitor any laboratory parameters while taking OLMIN LN 40mg Tablet?
- Is it safe to alter the dose of OLMIN LN 40mg Tablet?
- Can I recommend OLMIN LN 40mg Tablet to others?
Yes, it is advisable to monitor blood pressure, serum creatinine and potassium levels periodically while taking OLMIN LN 40mg Tablet.
No, it is not advisable to alter the dose prescribed. Consult your doctor for dose-related queries.
It is not advisable to recommend drugs to others as the severity of the condition and medical history may not be the same for every individual.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.