|Available substitute||4 substitute/s available|
Rs.43.50 (45% Savings)
Rs.43.92 (45% Savings)
Please note, before you can choose the low cost generic option, please ask your doctor to add the generic drug to your prescription.
What is Olmesartan Medoxomil used for?
Olmesartan Medoxomil is used for the treatment of high blood pressure.
Olmesartan Medoxomil may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does Olmesartan Medoxomil work?
Olmesartan Medoxomil belongs to the class of drugs called anti-hypertensive drugs. The drug acts by relaxing the blood vessels and increasing the blood flow. Thus, it helps in reducing high blood pressure.
How to take Olmesartan Medoxomil?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take Olmesartan Medoxomil as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take Olmesartan Medoxomil tablets with or without food.
If you miss a dose of Olmesartan Medoxomil, take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
The overdose symptoms of Olmesartan Medoxomil include the following:
- Severe dizziness
- Low blood pressure
- Increased heartbeat
What are the drugs that interact with Olmesartan Medoxomil?
Drugs that interact with Olmesartan Medoxomil include the following:
- Potassium citrate
What are the side effects of Olmesartan Medoxomil?
The following are the most common side effects of Olmesartan Medoxomil:
- Muscle cramps
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Swelling of nose/tongue/throat
- Severe dizziness
- Trouble breathing
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking Olmesartan Medoxomil?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to Olmesartan Medoxomil or similar drugs.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption of Olmesartan Medoxomil.
- Avoid Olmesartan Medoxomil during pregnancy or breastfeeding.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Stopping the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
- Do not exceed the dose prescribed by the doctor.
- Keep the medication out of reach of children.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if Olmesartan Medoxomil causes dizziness or blurred vision.
You are advised not to take Olmesartan Medoxomil if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking Olmesartan Medoxomil?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of heart failure, kidney or liver impairment.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Notify your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions about Olmesartan Medoxomil
- Should I be monitored for any laboratory parameters while taking Olmesartan Medoxomil?
- How should Olmesartan Medoxomil be stored?
- Is it safe to use Olmesartan Medoxomil in children?
- Can I get pregnant while taking Olmesartan Medoxomil?
Yes, it is advised to monitor for blood pressure regularly while taking Olmesartan Medoxomil.
Olmesartan Medoxomil should be stored at room temperature (15 – 30O C). Protect from light, heat, and moisture.
It is not advised to use Olmesartan Medoxomil in children below 6 years old.
No, it is not advised to get pregnant while taking Olmesartan Medoxomil. It is advised to take birth control contraceptives while taking the medication.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.