OLMESAR CH 20mg Tablet 10's
By Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd Prescription Needed
*on All Full Pre-Paid Orders
- Cashback validity: 100 days
Rs.87.20 (23% Savings)
Rs.90.00 (21% Savings)
Rs.96.00 (16% Savings)
Rs.98.00 (14% Savings)
Rs.104.40 (8% Savings)
Please note, before you can choose the low cost generic option, please ask your doctor to add the generic drug to your prescription.
What is OLMESAR CH 20mg Tablet used for?
OLMESAR CH 20mg Tablet tablet is used for the treatment of high blood pressure.
OLMESAR CH 20mg Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does OLMESAR CH 20mg Tablet work?
In OLMESAR CH 20mg Tablet, Chlorthalidone belongs to the class of drugs called diuretics. It acts by eliminating excess salt and water from the body. Thus, helps in lowering high blood pressure.
Olmesartan belongs to the class of drugs called angiotensin receptor blockers. It helps in lowering the blood pressure by relaxing the blood vessels, thereby reducing the strain on the heart.
How to take OLMESAR CH 20mg Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take OLMESAR CH 20mg Tablet tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take OLMESAR CH 20mg Tablet with or without food.
If you miss a dose of OLMESAR CH 20mg Tablet, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with OLMESAR CH 20mg Tablet?
Drugs that interact with OLMESAR CH 20mg Tablet are:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of OLMESAR CH 20mg Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of OLMESAR CH 20mg Tablet:
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Low blood pressure
- Increased thirst
- Loss of appetite
- Abdominal cramps
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking OLMESAR CH 20mg Tablet?
- Seek doctor’s advice before taking any other drug or herbal products while on OLMESAR CH 20mg Tablet
- Do not consume alcohol while taking OLMESAR CH 20mg Tablet as it may cause dizziness or blurred vision.
- Do not take the drug without consulting your doctor during pregnancy as it may cause foetal abnormalities.
- Avoid taking OLMESAR CH 20mg Tablet in case of allergic reactions.
- OLMESAR CH 20mg Tablet should not be given to children below 2 years.
You are advised not to take OLMESAR CH 20mg Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking OLMESAR CH 20mg Tablet?
- Inform your doctor if you have any pre-existing liver, kidney or heart diseases.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
Frequently Asked questions about OLMESAR CH 20mg Tablet
- Do I need to follow any dietary precautions while taking OLMESAR CH 20mg Tablet?
- Can I recommend OLMESAR CH 20mg Tablet to a geriatric patient?
- Do I need to be monitored for any laboratory parameters while taking OLMESAR CH 20mg Tablet?
- How should OLMESAR CH 20mg Tablet be stored?
Yes, it is advised to avoid potassium-rich foods, such as potato, white beans, yoghurt and spinach. Also, reduce the intake of salt.
No, it is not advisable to recommend drugs to geriatric patients. The severity of the condition may not be the same for every individual. Therefore, please do not recommend any drugs without your doctor’s consent.
Yes, it is advised to monitor blood pressure regularly while taking OLMESAR CH 20mg Tablet.
OLMESAR CH 20mg Tablet should be stored at room temperature (15 – 30oC) away from sunlight, heat and moisture.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.