What is OLEANZ PLUS Tablet used for?
OLEANZ PLUS Tablet combination tablet is used for the treatment of depression caused by bipolar disorder.
OLEANZ PLUS Tablet combination may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does OLEANZ PLUS Tablet work?
In OLEANZ PLUS Tablet combination, Fluoxetine belongs to the class of drugs called selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs). The drug acts by preventing and regulating the reuptake of serotonin. Thus, it helps to increase the free serotonin and triggers the nerve cells in the brain.
Olanzapine belongs to the class of drugs called atypical anti-psychotics. The drug acts by binding to certain receptor sites, thereby blocking the action of certain neurotransmitters in the brain.
How to take OLEANZ PLUS Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take OLEANZ PLUS Tablet combination tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
- Swallow the tablet Do not crush or chew the tablet.
- Take the drug with or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset.
If you miss a dose of OLEANZ PLUS Tablet combination, please take it as soon as you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
The overdose symptoms of OLEANZ PLUS Tablet combination include the following:
- Loss of consciousness
- Irregular heartbeat
Please seek immediate medical attention if you experience any of the above symptoms.
What are the drugs that interact with OLEANZ PLUS Tablet?
Drugs that interact with OLEANZ PLUS Tablet combination include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of OLEANZ PLUS Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of OLEANZ PLUS Tablet combination:
- Dry mouth
- Increased appetite
- Weight gain
- Swelling of the face, arms or feet
- Body pains
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Muscle spasms
- Abdominal pain
- Decreased heartbeat
- Trouble urinating
- Black coloured stools
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking OLEANZ PLUS Tablet?
- Avoid taking the medicine if you are allergic to OLEANZ PLUS Tablet combination or similar drugs.
- Seek doctor’s advice before taking any other drug or herbal products while on OLEANZ PLUS Tablet combination.
- Be cautious while taking OLEANZ PLUS Tablet combination in geriatric patients.
- Consult your doctor before taking OLEANZ PLUS Tablet combination while suffering from stomach or intestinal ulcers.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption of OLEANZ PLUS Tablet combination.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if OLEANZ PLUS Tablet combination causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Consult your doctor before taking OLEANZ PLUS Tablet combination during breastfeeding as it can show undesirable effects on a nursing baby.
You are advised not to take OLEANZ PLUS Tablet combination if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking OLEANZ PLUS Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of glaucoma, seizures, neuroleptic malignant syndrome, kidney disease, liver disease, decreased WBC (white blood cells) count or severe dehydration.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Notify your doctor if you get pregnant while taking OLEANZ PLUS Tablet combination.
Frequently Asked Questions about OLEANZ PLUS Tablet combination
- Is it safe to take OLEANZ PLUS Tablet combination in geriatric patients with a history of dementia?
- Is it safe to discontinue OLEANZ PLUS Tablet combination if the symptoms are subsided?
- Can I take OLEANZ PLUS Tablet combination if I experience trouble breathing during sleep?
- Is it safe to take OLEANZ PLUS Tablet combination during pregnancy?
- Is it safe to take OLEANZ PLUS Tablet combination while having high cholesterol or triglycerides?
It is not advisable to take OLEANZ PLUS Tablet combination in older adults with a history of psychotic conditions related to dementia.
Do not stop taking the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Discontinuing the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
Consult your doctor before taking OLEANZ PLUS Tablet combination if you experience trouble breathing during sleep.
It is not advisable to take OLEANZ PLUS Tablet combination during pregnancy, especially during the third trimester. However, please consult your doctor.
Consult your doctor before taking OLEANZ PLUS Tablet combination medicine if you are having high cholesterol or triglyceride levels in your blood.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.