Please enter your name, mobile number and E-mail ID, and we will send you an email when the requested item is back in stock.
OFLO P Eye Drops 5ml
By Sunways India Pvt Ltd Prescription Needed
What is OFLO P Eye Drops used for?
OFLO P Eye Drops combination is used for the treatment of eye infections such as keratitis, conjunctivitis, blepharitis, corneal ulcers, style, uveitis, iritis and swelling of eyes.
OFLO P Eye Drops combination may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does OFLO P Eye Drops combination work?
In OFLO P Eye Drops combination, Ofloxacin belongs to the class of drugs called broad-spectrum antibiotics. This drug acts by blocking certain bacterial enzymes and inhibiting their function. Thus, it helps in inhibiting the bacterial cell division and propagation.
Prednisolone belongs to the class of drugs called anti-inflammatory agents. The drug acts by binding to certain receptors and inhibiting the synthesis of inflammatory mediators. Thus, it helps in relieving the pain and swelling of the eyes.
How to use OFLO P Eye Drops combination?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Use OFLO P Eye Drops combination as prescribed by your doctor.
Instil OFLO P Eye Drops eye drops into the conjunctival sac of the eye. Do not allow the container tip to touch the eye or its surrounding tissue.
If you miss a dose of OFLO P Eye Drops combination, use it once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not use a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with OFLO P Eye Drops?
Drugs that interact with OFLO P Eye Drops include the following:
- Bromfenac ophthalmic
- Diclofenac ophthalmic
- Flurbiprofen ophthalmic
- Ketorolac ophthalmic
- Nepafenac ophthalmic
- Suprofen ophthalmic
What are the side effects of OFLO P Eye Drops combination?
The following are the most common side effects of OFLO P Eye Drops combination:
- Dryness/tearing/Itching/stinging/discomfort in the eye
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Blurred vision
- Eye pain
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while using OFLO P Eye Drops combination?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to OFLO P Eye Drops combination or similar drugs.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if OFLO P Eye Drops combination causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Stopping the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
- Do not exceed the dose more than what is prescribed.
- Be cautious while taking Ornidazole + Prednisolone combination if you have any kidney or liver impairment.
- Keep the medication out of reach of children.
- Avoid OFLO P Eye Drops combination during pregnancy or breastfeeding.
You are advised not to use OFLO P Eye Drops if:
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discoloration.
What should you tell your doctor before using OFLO P Eye Drops combination?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of ocular tuberculosis, heart rhythm disorders, colitis, viral or fungal eye infections.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Notify your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently Asked Questions about Ofloxacin +Prednisolone
- How should OFLO P Eye Drops combination be stored?
- Is it safe to use OFLO P Eye Drops eye drops in children?
- Can I use OFLO P Eye Drops eye drops if I have contact lenses?
Store OFLO P Eye Drops eye drops combination in a cool place away from light, heat, and moisture.
It is not advised to use OFLO P Eye Drops eye drops in children. Consult your doctor for more information.
Yes. However, please remove your contact lenses before application and wait for at least 15 minutes before inserting them back.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.