Please enter your name, mobile number and E-mail ID, and we will send you an email when the requested item is back in stock.
OFAX TZ Tablet 10's
By Hetero Healthcare Ltd Prescription Needed
*on All Full Pre-Paid Orders
- Cashback validity: 100 days
(Max Rs.125) Extra Rs.50 cashback for Amazon Prime members. T&C Apply.
What is OFAX TZ Tablet used for?
OFAX TZ Tablet combination is used for the treatment of bronchitis, pneumonia, gonorrhoea, chlamydia, plague, anthrax, tuberculosis and other bacterial infections.
OFAX TZ Tablet combination may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does OFAX TZ Tablet work?
In OFAX TZ Tablet combination, Ofloxacin belongs to the class of drugs called broad-spectrum antibiotics. This drug acts by blocking certain bacterial enzymes and inhibiting their function. Thus, it helps in inhibiting the bacterial cell division and propagation.
Tinidazole belongs to the class of drugs called anti-protozoal agents. This drug acts by interfering with the bacterial DNA, which leads to the bacterial cell death. Thus, it helps in relieving bacterial infections.
How to take OFAX TZ Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take OFAX TZ Tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take OFAX TZ Tablet tablets with or without food.
If you miss a dose of OFAX TZ Tablet combination, take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with OFAX TZ Tablet?
Drugs that interact with OFAX TZ Tablet include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of OFAX TZ Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of OFAX TZ Tablet combination:
- Intestinal spasms
- Metallic taste
- Skin rash
- Running nose
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Abdominal pain
- Joint pain
- Black/tarry stools
- Tightness in the chest
- Muscle pain
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions OFAX TZ Tablet?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to OFAX TZ Tablet combination or similar drugs.
- Seek doctor’s advice before taking any other drug or herbal products while on OFAX TZ Tablet combination.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may worsen the side effects of Ofloxacin +Tinidazole combination.
- Avoid OFAX TZ Tablet combination during pregnancy or breastfeeding because the safe use of the drug is not yet established.
- Keep the medication out of reach of children.
You are advised not to take OFAX TZ Tablet combination if:
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking OFAX TZ Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of epilepsy, heart disease, kidney or liver impairment.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Notify your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently Asked Questions about OFAX TZ Tablet
- What are the contraindications of OFAX TZ Tablet combination?
- How should OFAX TZ Tablet combination be stored?
- Is it safe to drive while on OFAX TZ Tablet medication?
OFAX TZ Tablet combination is contraindicated in patients with hypersensitivity to the drug, tendon rupture or damage and Myasthenia Gravis.
OFAX TZ Tablet combination should be stored at room temperature (15 – 30OC). Protect from light, heat, and moisture.
It is not advised to drive while on OFAX TZ Tablet combination as it may cause dizziness or blurred vision.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.