OF Injection 100ml
What is OF Injection used for?
OF Injection tablet/syrup is used for the treatment of bacterial infections of skin, lungs prostate, urinary tract. It is also used to treat pelvic inflammatory disease and gonorrhoea.
OF Injection eye drops/eye ointment are used for the treatment of bacterial infections of eyes and ulcers in the cornea of the eye.
OF Injection injection is used for the treatment of cystitis, urethritis, bronchitis, pneumonia, gonococcal infections and certain types of diarrhoea.
OF Injection may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does OF Injection work?
OF Injection belongs to the class of drugs called broad-spectrum antibiotics. This drug acts by blocking certain bacterial enzymes and inhibiting their function. Thus, it helps in inhibiting the bacterial cell division and propagation.
How to use OF Injection ?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Use OF Injection as prescribed by your doctor.
- Swallow the tablet Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take OF Injection tablets with or without food.
- Shake the syrup well before taking each dose to ensure the uniform mixing of the drug.
- Instil OF Injection eye drops into the conjunctival sac of the eye. Do not allow the container tip to touch the eye or its surrounding tissue.
- Pull the lower eyelid gently and squeeze a thin strip of OF Injection eye ointment in the eye. Keep the eyes closed for 1 to 2 minutes after application.
- OF Injection injection should be administered only under the medical supervision.
If you miss a dose of OF Injection , use it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not use a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
The overdose symptoms of ofloxacin include the following:
- Severe Dizziness
You must seek immediate medical care if you experience the above symptom.
What are the drugs that interact with OF Injection ?
Drugs that interact with OF Injection include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of OF Injection ?
The following are the most common side effects of OF Injection oral :
- Stomach upset
- Trouble sleeping
- Dark coloured urine
- Persistent fever
- Irregular heartbeat
- Hearing impairment
The following are the most common side effects of OF Injection eye drops/eye ointment:
- Temporary blurred vision
- Eye discomfort
- Eye dryness
- Redness of eye
- Increased tears
- Eye pain
- Swelling of eyes
The following are the most common side effects of OF Injection injection:
- Abdominal pain
- Black/tarry stools
- Painful urination
- Joint pain
- Decreased appetite
- Taste impairment
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while using OF Injection ?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to OF Injection or similar drugs.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if OF Injection causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Avoid OF Injection during pregnancy or breastfeeding because the safe use of the drug is not yet established.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Stopping the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
- Do not exceed the dose more than what is prescribed.
- Use a measuring cup while taking each dose.
- Keep the medication out of reach of children.
- Avoid using OF Injection if you are having any history of tendonitis or joint pains.
You are advised not to use OF Injection if:
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before using OF Injection ?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of myasthenia gravis, heart rhythm disorders, nerve problems, tendon abnormalities, low potassium or magnesium levels.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Notify your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently Asked questions about OF Injection
- How should OF Injection tablet be stored?
- Should I follow any special dietary instructions while using OF Injection ?
- What are the contraindications of OF Injection ?
- Can I use OF Injection eye drops to treat viral conjunctivitis?
- Should I be monitored for any laboratory parameters while using OF Injection ?
OF Injection tablets should be stored at room temperature (15 – 30OC) away from light, heat, and moisture.
Yes, it is advised to take plenty of water or fluids while on OF Injection medication.
OF Injection is contraindicated in patients with Myasthenia Gravis, tendonitis and severe joint pains.
No, OF Injection is only used to treat bacterial infections. Therefore, please consult your doctor for an appropriate medication in case of viral conjunctivitis.
Yes, it is advised to monitor for blood sugar levels and complete blood picture regularly while using OF Injection .
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.