OCONA Z Soap 50gm
By Menarini India Pvt Ltd
*on All Full Pre-Paid Orders
- Cashback validity: 100 days
What is OCONA Z Soap used for?
OCONA Z Soap is used to control seborrheic dermatitis and treat dandruff. It is used to relieve the symptoms such as itching, flaking, and scaling of the scalp.
OCONA Z Soap may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does OCONA Z Soap work?
In OCONA Z Soap, Ketoconazole belongs to the class of drugs called anti-fungal agents. This drug acts by inhibiting the action of fungal cytochrome and interfering with the cell wall synthesis. Thus, it inhibits the growth of the fungi.
Zinc Pyrithione belongs to the class of anti-seborrheic drugs. This drug acts by inhibiting the synthesis of proteins required for the growth of the fungus.
How to use OCONA Z Soap?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Use OCONA Z Soap as prescribed by your doctor.
- Apply OCONA Z Soap lotion over the affected area and rub it gently.
- Wet the hair and scalp with water and apply enough shampoo. Gently massage the entire scalp to work up a good lather, and rinse with warm water.
What are the drugs that interact with OCONA Z Soap?
Drugs that interact with OCONA Z Soap include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of OCONA Z Soap?
The following are the most common side effects of OCONA Z Soap:
- Formation of blisters
- Skin irritation
- Allergic skin reactions
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions OCONA Z Soap?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to OCONA Z Soap or similar drugs.
- Keep the medication out of reach of children.
- Avoid contact of OCONA Z Soap with eyes, mouth and mucous membrane.
- Do not exceed the dose more than prescribed.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor.
What should you tell your doctor before taking OCONA Z Soap?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of any chronic skin conditions.
- Inform the doctor if you are using any other topical drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
Frequently Asked Questions about OCONA Z Soap
- Is it safe to use dressing over the area being treated with OCONA Z Soap?
- How should OCONA Z Soap be stored?
- Can I use cosmetics after applying OCONA Z Soap?
- Does OCONA Z Soap cause hair loss?
- Is it safe to alter the dose of OCONA Z Soap?
No. You should not use dressing over the area treated with OCONA Z Soap as it may delay the healing process.
Store OCONA Z Soap at room temperature, away from light and moisture.
You can use cosmetics. Wait at least for 20 minutes after applying OCONA Z Soap and before using cosmetics.
Yes. Hair loss is the one of the rare side effects of OCONA Z Soap.
No. Do not change the dose of OCONA Z Soap unless suggested by the doctor.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.