Please enter your name, mobile number and E-mail ID, and we will send you an email when the requested item is back in stock.
What is NUSAR 50mg Tablet used for?
NUSAR 50mg Tablet is used for the treatment of high blood pressure (hypertension). NUSAR 50mg Tablet also helps to reduce the risk of stroke in patients with heart disease.
NUSAR 50mg Tablet may also is prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does NUSAR 50mg Tablet work?
NUSAR 50mg Tablet belongs to the class of drugs called angiotensin II receptor antagonists. The drug acts by blocking angiotensin II receptor that causes vasoconstriction. Thus, Losartan relaxes the blood vessels and lowers the blood pressure.
How to take NUSAR 50mg Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take NUSAR 50mg Tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take the drug with or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset.
If you miss a dose of NUSAR 50mg Tablet, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
The overdose symptoms of NUSAR 50mg Tablet may include:
- Severe dizziness
- Trouble in breathing
- Changes in heartbeat
- Low blood pressure
What are the drugs that interact with NUSAR 50mg Tablet?
Drugs that interact with NUSAR 50mg Tablet include the following:
- Potassium Chloride
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of NUSAR 50mg Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of NUSAR 50mg Tablet:
- Abdominal pain
- Painful urination
- Cold sweats
- Lower back pain
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Irregular heartbeat
- Difficult breathing
- Slurred speech
- Unusual tiredness
- Muscle weakness
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking NUSAR 50mg Tablet?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to NUSAR 50mg Tablet or similar drugs.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption of NUSAR 50mg Tablet.
- Keep the medication out of the reach of children.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery causes drowsiness or blurred vision.
You are advised not to take NUSAR 50mg Tablet
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking NUSAR 50mg Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of kidney or liver diseases.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Tell your doctor before using NUSAR 50mg Tablet during breastfeeding.
- Inform your doctor if you have an electrolyte imbalance.
Frequently Asked questions about NUSAR 50mg Tablet
- Is it safe to take NUSAR 50mg Tablet during pregnancy?
- Can NUSAR 50mg Tablet be used in geriatric patients?
- Are there any special dietary precautions to be followed while using NUSAR 50mg Tablet?
- Is it safe to alter the dose of NUSAR 50mg Tablet?
Avoid taking NUSAR 50mg Tablet during pregnancy as it can cause harm to the foetus. Consult the doctor before taking any drug during pregnancy.
Older adults may require dose adjustments with a different treatment schedule. However, consult your doctor regarding the use in geriatric patients.
You must avoid taking potassium-rich foods and high-salt diet while using NUSAR 50mg Tablet medication.
No. Altering the dose of NUSAR 50mg Tablet may increase the risk of adverse side effects.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.