NUPENTA CP Capsule 10's
By Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd Prescription Needed
*on All Full Pre-Paid Orders
- Cashback validity: 100 days
(Max Rs.125) Extra Rs.50 cashback for Amazon Prime members. T&C Apply.
What is NUPENTA CP Capsule used for?
NUPENTA CP Capsule capsule is used for the treatment of certain stomach and oesophageal problems, such as:
- Functional dyspepsia
- Stomach and intestinal ulcers
- Gastro-oesophageal reflux disease (GERD)
- Inflammation of oesophagus
NUPENTA CP Capsule may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does NUPENTA CP Capsule work?
In NUPENTA CP Capsule, Cinitapride belongs to the class of drugs called benzamide. The drug acts by interfering with the action of certain receptors in the brain and increases the intestinal motility. Thus, it reduces the symptoms of gastrointestinal disorders.
Pantoprazole belongs to the class of drugs called proton pump inhibitors (PPIs). The drug works by interfering with the gastric acid production by inhibiting the acid-pumping cells in the stomach. Thus, it helps in relieving the symptoms of Gastro-oesophageal reflux disease (GERD) by reducing the amount of stomach acid.
How to take NUPENTA CP Capsule?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take NUPENTA CP Capsule capsule as prescribed by your doctor.
- Swallow the capsule Do not crush or chew the capsule. Take the drug with or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset.
If you miss a dose of NUPENTA CP Capsule, please take it as soon as you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with NUPENTA CP Capsule?
Drugs that interact with NUPENTA CP Capsule include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of NUPENTA CP Capsule?
The following are the most common side effects of NUPENTA CP Capsule:
- Joint pain
- Stomach pain
- Change in sense of taste
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Muscle weakness
- Muscle spasms
- Abnormal heart rate
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking NUPENTA CP Capsule?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to NUPENTA CP Capsule or similar drugs.
- Seek doctor’s advice before taking any other drug or herbal products while on NUPENTA CP Capsule.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption of NUPENTA CP Capsule.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if NUPENTA CP Capsule causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Avoid taking NUPENTA CP Capsule medicine for long-term as it can reduce the absorption of Vitamin-B12 in the body.
You are advised not to take NUPENTA CP Capsule if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking NUPENTA CP Capsule?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of the severe liver disease.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Tell the doctor if you have undergone any surgical procedure.
- Inform your doctor if you are suffering from osteopenia (low bone mineral density).
Frequently Asked Questions about NUPENTA CP Capsule
- Is it safe to take NUPENTA CP Capsule if I have a history of osteoporosis?
- Do I need to be monitored for any laboratory parameters while taking NUPENTA CP Capsule?
- How should NUPENTA CP Capsule be stored?
- Is it safe to take NUPENTA CP Capsule during pregnancy?
Avoid taking NUPENTA CP Capsule if you have a history of osteoporosis as the medicine can make your bones more brittle. However, please consult your doctor.
NUPENTA CP Capsule medication can lower the magnesium levels in your blood. Hence, it is required to monitor the magnesium levels and take appropriate measures.
NUPENTA CP Capsule should be stored at room temperature (15-30°C) away from heat, light and moisture.
Consult your doctor to discuss the potential risks and benefits of NUPENTA CP Capsule during pregnancy.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.