NUMLO TM 5mg Tablet 10's
What is S-Amlodipine + Telmisartan used for?
S-Amlodipine + Telmisartan is used for the treatment of high blood pressure (hypertension). It is also used to prevent heart attack, stroke and kidney problems in patients suffering from heart diseases.
S-Amlodipine + Telmisartan may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does S-Amlodipine + Telmisartan work?
In S-Amlodipine + Telmisartan combination, S-Amlodipine belongs to the class of drugs called calcium channel blockers. The drug acts by blocking the entry of calcium ions into the smooth muscles of the myocardium. It causes relaxation and vasodilation of vascular smooth muscles. Thus, it increases the supply of oxygen to the myocardial tissues.
Telmisartan belongs to the class of drugs called angiotensin-II receptor blockers (ARBs). This drug acts by relaxing and widening the blood vessels, thereby increasing the oxygen and blood supply to the heart. Thus, it decreases blood pressure.
How to take S-Amlodipine + Telmisartan?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take S-Amlodipine + Telmisartan as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take the drug with or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset.
If you miss a dose of S-Amlodipine + Telmisartan combination, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
The overdose symptoms of S-Amlodipine + Telmisartan may include:
- Trouble breathing
- Increased heartbeat
What are the drugs that interact with S-Amlodipine + Telmisartan?
Drugs that interact with S-Amlodipine + Telmisartan include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of S-Amlodipine + Telmisartan?
The following are the most common side effects of S-Amlodipine + Telmisartan:
- Stomach pain
- Swelling of foot or hands
- Back pain
- Pounding heartbeats
- Sore throat
- Unusual tiredness
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Shortness of breath
- Muscle stiffness
- Worsened chest pain
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking S-Amlodipine + Telmisartan?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to S-Amlodipine + Telmisartan or similar drugs.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption of S-Amlodipine + Telmisartan combination.
- Be cautious while using S-Amlodipine + Telmisartan combination in geriatric adults.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if S-Amlodipine + Telmisartan combination causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Discontinuing the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
- Consult your doctor before taking S-Amlodipine + Telmisartan combination during breastfeeding.
You are advised not to take S-Amlodipine + Telmisartan if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking S-Amlodipine + Telmisartan?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of diabetes or kidney problems.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Inform your doctor if you are taking S-Amlodipine + Telmisartan combination medicine during breastfeeding.
- Tell your doctor if you are on low-salt or salt free diet.
Frequently asked questions about S-Amlodipine + Telmisartan
- Will I gain weight while taking S-Amlodipine + Telmisartan combination?
- Is it safe to take S-Amlodipine + Telmisartan combination medicine during pregnancy?
- Is it safe to alter the dose of S-Amlodipine + Telmisartan medication?
- Do I need to be monitored for any laboratory parameters while taking S-Amlodipine + Telmisartan?
- Do I need to follow any dietary precautions while taking S-Amlodipine + Telmisartan?
S-Amlodipine + Telmisartan combination can build up fluid in your body and may result in weight gain. Rapid weight gain is one of the most common side effect of the drug.
Avoid taking S-Amlodipine + Telmisartan combination drug during pregnancy as it may cause birth defects or harm to the developing foetus.
No. Altering the dose of S-Amlodipine + Telmisartan medicine is not advised as it can increase the risk of side effects.
It is often required to check your blood pressure levels while on S-Amlodipine + Telmisartan combination medication.
Take adequate fluids to avoid fluid loss or dehydration. Lack of fluid content in the body may result in hypotension (low blood pressure).
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.