NUFIL SF 300mcg Injection 1's
By Biocon Ltd Prescription Needed
*on All Full Pre-Paid Orders
- Cashback validity: 100 days
What is Filgrastim used for?
Granulocyte Colony Stimulating Factor/Filgrastim is used for the treatment of chemotherapy-induced neutropenia.
Filgrastim may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does Filgrastim work?
Filgrastim is a recombinant human granulocyte colony-stimulating factor (GCSF) analogue. Filgrastim binds to the GCSF receptor and stimulates the production of neutrophils in the bone marrow. In patients receiving cytotoxic chemotherapy, Filgrastim aids in accelerating the production of neutrophil count.
How to administer Filgrastim?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual.
Filgrastim is available as an injection. Therefore, it should be administered only under the medical supervision.
If you miss a dose of Filgrastim, please consult your doctor immediately.
What are the drugs that interact with Filgrastim?
Drugs that interact with Filgrastim include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of Filgrastim?
The following are the most common side effects of Filgrastim:
- Back pain
- Bone pain
- Joint pain
- Muscle pain
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Chest pain
- Swelling of stomach
- Shortness of breath
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while using Filgrastim?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to Filgrastim or similar drugs.
- Seek doctor’s advice before taking any other drug or herbal products while on Filgrastim.
- Avoid Filgrastim during pregnancy or breastfeeding because the safe use of the drug is not yet established.
- Do not exceed the dose more than what is prescribed.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Stopping the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
What should you tell your doctor before using Filgrastim?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of sickle-cell disease, spleen problems or kidney problems.
- Inform the doctor if you have undergone any radiation therapy or chemotherapy.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
Frequently asked questions about Filgrastim:
- How long can I take Filgrastim?
- How should Filgrastim be stored?
- What are the other formulations available for Filgrastim?
- Do I need to be monitored for any laboratory parameters while taking Filgrastim?
- Is it safe to alter the dose of Filgrastim?
Filgrastim medicine is generally administered after 24 hours of chemotherapy. This drug should be used for the prescribed duration.
Store Filgrastim in the refrigerator (2 – 8°C). Do not freeze the medication.
Filgrastim medicine is available only as injection.
You may be recommended to obtain blood tests to check the neutrophil count while on Filgrastim medication.
No. Do not alter the dose of Filgrastim medicine. Consult your doctor if you have any problem with the dose.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.