What is NUCARNIT F Tablet taken for?
NUCARNIT F Tablet tablet is taken for the treatment of megaloblastic anaemia and deficiency disorders.
NUCARNIT F Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does NUCARNIT F Tablet work?
In NUCARNIT F Tablet, Levocarnitine belongs to the class of drugs called nutritional supplement. This drug acts by providing energy to the body
Folic Acid belongs to the class of drugs called nutritional supplements and anti-anaemic drugs. This drug acts by producing certain chemicals necessary for red blood cell production. It also promotes synthesis of nucleic acids and white blood cells and platelet production.
How to take NUCARNIT F Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take NUCARNIT F Tablet tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
- Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet.
If you miss a dose of NUCARNIT F Tablet, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with NUCARNIT F Tablet?
Drugs that interact with NUCARNIT F Tablet are:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of NUCARNIT F Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of NUCARNIT F Tablet:
- Abdominal cramps
- Muscle pain/weakness
- Swelling of extremities
The following are the severe side effects, and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Behaviour changes
- Skin reactions
- Severe dizziness
- Trouble breathing
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking NUCARNIT F Tablet?
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption of NUCARNIT F Tablet
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if NUCARNIT F Tablet causes dizziness.
- Do not stop taking the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Stopping the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
- Keep the medication out of reach of children.
You are advised not to take NUCARNIT F Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking NUCARNIT F Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you become pregnant while taking NUCARNIT F Tablet.
- Inform the doctor if you have any history of allergic reaction with the usage of NUCARNIT F Tablet
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplement
- Inform your doctor if you have any pre-existing medical conditions, such as seizures and kidney diseases.
Frequently Asked questions about NUCARNIT F Tablet
- Is it safe to alter the dose of NUCARNIT F Tablet?
- Is upset stomach a side effect with NUCARNIT F Tablet?
- Can I recommend NUCARNIT F Tablet to others?
It is not advisable to alter the dose prescribed. Consult your doctor for dose-related queries.
Yes, upset stomach is a side effect with NUCARNIT F Tablet. However, consult your physician if it is severe and persists.
It is not advisable to recommend drugs to others as the severity of the condition and medical history is not same for every individual.