NOZIA Tablet 2's
By Cadila Healthcare Ltd (Zydus) Prescription Needed
(max. Rs. 3000)
*on All Full Pre-Paid Orders
- Cashback validity: 100 days
What is NOZIA Tablet used for?
NOZIA Tablet tablet is used for the treatment of
- diarrhoea-predominant irritable bowel syndrome in adult men
- nausea and vomiting associated with carcinostatic drugs
NOZIA Tablet injection is indicated for the treatment of postoperative nausea and vomiting.
NOZIA Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does NOZIA Tablet work?
NOZIA Tablet belongs to the class of drugs called 5HT-3 receptor antagonists. This drug exhibits anti-emetic property by blocking the serotonin receptors in the nerve endings in the gastrointestinal mucosa. It also acts by controlling the peristaltic movements.
How to use NOZIA Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Use NOZIA Tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
- Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take the drug with or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset.
- NOZIA Tablet injection is administered only under the medical supervision. Always use a disposable needle and syringe for injecting the medicine.
If you miss a dose of NOZIA Tablet tablet , please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with NOZIA Tablet?
Drugs that interact with NOZIA Tablet include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of NOZIA Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of NOZIA Tablet:
- Hot flushes
- Numbness of tongue
- Hepatic dysfunction
The following are the most common side effects of NOZIA Tablet injection:
- Redness at the site of injection
- Increased blood urea nitrogen
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking NOZIA Tablet?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to NOZIA Tablet or similar drugs.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption of NOZIA Tablet medication.
- Keep the medication away from the reach of children.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Discontinuing the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
You are advised not to use NOZIA Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before using NOZIA Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of gastrointestinal disease or liver disease.
- Inform the doctor if you are using any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
Frequently Asked questions about NOZIA Tablet
- Is it safe to alter the dose of NOZIA Tablet medicine?
- Can I suggest NOZIA Tablet tablet to a person with same symptoms?
- How should NOZIA Tablet be stored?
- Do I need to be monitored for any laboratory parameters while taking NOZIA Tablet?
No. Altering the dose of NOZIA Tablet can increase the risk of side effects. However, consult your doctor about dose adjustment if you feel better.
No. It is not advisable to suggest NOZIA Tablet to others, as the severity of the condition may differ in every individual. Please consult your doctor.
NOZIA Tablet should be stored at room temperature, away from sunlight and excess moisture.
Yes, you must undergo liver function tests on a regular basis while taking NOZIA Tablet.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.