- Lab Tests
- Health Corner
NORBLEND TABLET is a combination of Methylcobalamin, Nortriptyline and Pregabalin which belongs to the group of medicines called Vitamins, Antidepressants and Anticonvulsants respectively. It is used to treat diabetic peripheral neuropathic pain with coexistent vitamin B12 deficiency.
Neuropathic pain is a form of pain where there is a damage or injury to the nerves that transfer information between the brain and spinal cord from the skin, muscles and other parts of the body.
Patients taking NORBLEND TABLET may have thoughts of harming or killing themselves. If at any time you have these thoughts, immediately consult your physician. Avoid consumption of alcohol during treatment with NORBLEND TABLET as it may cause dizziness.
Before taking NORBLEND TABLET, inform your physician if you have liver or kidney problems, diabetes and angioedema. NORBLEND TABLET is not recommended for use in pregnant women unless advised by the doctor and not recommended for breast-feeding women.
Elderly patients above 65 years of age always should consult the physician before taking it. The most common side effect of NORBLEND TABLET are dry mouth, dizziness, sleepiness, blurred vision and weight gain. Consult your doctor if any of the side effects worsen over the time.
NORBLEND TABLET is a combination of methylcobalamin, nortriptyline and pregabalin, where methylcobalamin is a form of vitamin B that helps in the production of myelin (a substance that protects nerve fibers) and regenerates damaged nerve cells. Nortriptyline is a tricyclic antidepressant that increases the chemical messenger levels (serotonin and noradrenaline) that stops the movement of pain signals in the brain. Pregabalin is an anticonvulsant (alpha 2 delta ligand) that decreases pain by altering the calcium channel activity of the nerve cells. Together, methylcobalamin, nortriptyline and pregabalin helps to relieve neuropathic pain (pain from damaged nerves).
Always take NORBLEND TABLET as directed by your physician. Take this medicine with or without food, swallow the medicine as a whole and do not crush or chew the medicine. Your doctor will decide the correct dose and duration of NORBLEND TABLET for you depending upon your age, body weight and disease condition. Do not stop taking NORBLEND TABLET without informing your doctor.
Stop taking NORBLEND TABLET and contact your physician immediately if you experience any of the following side effects:
Try to rest and relax. Get enough sleep. Avoid driving or operating any tools or machines while you are feeling dizzy. Do not consume too much of alcohol, as it can aggravate your dizziness. Consult your doctor if the symptom does not improve.
Sip water regularly and other sugar free liquids. Do not use mouthwashes that contain alcohol because they can make your mouth dry, use mouthwash that is used only for dry mouth. Limit your caffeine intake. Avoid smoking or using tobacco products. Consult your doctor if the symptom does not improve.
NORBLEND TABLET is generally not recommended for use in pregnant women unless considered clearly necessary. Consult your doctor before taking it.
NORBLEND TABLET is generally not recommended for use in breastfeeding women as it may pass through breast milk. Consult your physician before taking it.
Do not drive or operate heavy machines if you experience dizziness while taking NORBLEND TABLET. Consult with your physician for advice before taking the medicine.
Consumption of alcohol is not recommended during treatment with NORBLEND TABLET as it may cause dizziness.
NORBLEND TABLET should be used with caution in patients with kidney problems. Consult with your doctor for advice before taking NORBLEND TABLET.
NORBLEND TABLET should be used with caution in patients with liver problems. Consult with your doctor for advice before taking NORBLEND TABLET.
Do not take NORBLEND TABLET if you are allergic to Methylcobalamin, Nortriptyline, Pregabalin or any other ingredients of this medicine.
NORBLEND TABLET should be used with caution in elderly patients above 65 years of age. Consult with your physician for advice before taking NORBLEND TABLET.
Before taking NORBLEND TABLET, inform your physician if you have:
A. Drug-Drug interactions:
Before taking NORBLEND TABLET inform your physician if you are taking any of the following medicines:
If you or anyone else accidentally takes too much of NORBLEND TABLET, consult your physician immediately or visit the nearby hospital.
|Drug||:||Methylcobalamin, Nortriptyline, Pregabalin|
|Pharmacological Category||:||Vitamin, Tricyclic antidepressant and Anticonvulsant|
|Therapeutic Indication||:||Neuropathic Pain|
|Dosage Forms||:||Capsule, Tablet|
Q: When to seek medical emergency while taking NORBLEND TABLET?
A: Stop taking NORBLEND TABLET and contact your physician immediately if you experience angioedema (symptoms include swelling of the face, mouth (tongue, lips and gums) and neck (throat and larynx)) and have thoughts of harming or killing themselves.
Q: What to do If I forget to take a dose of NORBLEND TABLET?
A: You should take NORBLEND TABLET immediately when you remember. If it is time for the next dose skip the missed dose and follow the regular dose schedule. Do not double the dose to match up the missed dose.
Q: Does NORBLEND TABLET impair my ability to drive?
A: Yes, NORBLEND TABLET may cause dizziness, do not drive or operate any machines which require concentration because it can impair your ability to work. Follow appropriate precautions before driving or you may ask someone to drive for you after consulting with your physician.
Q: What is the precaution to be followed before taking NORBLEND TABLET?
A: NORBLEND TABLET is not recommended to use among women who are breast-feeding and pregnant unless advised by the doctor. Before taking NORBLEND TABLET, inform your physician if you have liver or kidney problems, diabetes and angioedema. It should be used with caution in elderly patients.
Q: Can NORBLEND TABLET be used in patients with liver or kidney problems?
A: NORBLEND TABLET should be used with caution in patients with kidney or liver problems. Your doctor may monitor your liver and kidney function test to prevent the risk of any unusual effects. Consult your doctor before taking it.
1. KD. Tripathi. Drugs affecting blood and blood formation. Skeletal Muscle Relaxants. Drugs Used in Mental Illness: Antidepressant and Antianxiety. Antiepileptic Drugs. Drugs Essentials of medical pharmacology. Seventh edition. 2013. Page – 608, 457, 421.
2. Ram Prabhoo, Atul Panghate, Raj Pavitra Dewda, Balaji More, Tanay Prabhoo, and Rajiv Rana. Efficacy and Tolerability of a Fixed-Dose Combination of Methylcobalamin and Pregabalin in the Management of Painful Neuropathy. North American Journal of Medical Sciences. NIH. National Library of Medicine, National center for biotechnology information. Pubmed Central. November 2012. [Accessed on 26th July 2022] https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3503385/
3. Sheena Derry, Philip J Wiffen, Dominic Aldington, R Andrew Moore. Nortriptyline for neuropathic pain in adults. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews. NIH. National Library of Medicine, National center for biotechnology information. Pubmed Central. January 2015 [Accessed on 26th July 2022] https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6485407/
4. Synokem Pharmaceutical Ltd. Pregaba-MNT (Pregabalin, Methylcobalamin and Nortriptyline). Torrent Pharma. [Revised in May 2022] [Accessed on 26th July 2022] https://www.torrentian.com/pisheet/Upload/PI_Sheet/3088.pdf
5. Leeford Health Care. Pregabanyl-NTM. [Accessed on 26th July 2022] https://www.leeford.in/product/782/pregabanyl-ntm
6. Leogenic Healthcare. Pregadew Trio [Accessed on 26th July 2022] https://www.leogenic.com/pregadew-trio-nortriptyline-methylcobalamin-pregabalin-tablets/
7. Akesiss Ltd. Norblend tablet. [Accessed on 26th July 2022] https://akesiss.com/divisions/glyvo-life/norblend/
8. Krishlar Pharmaceuticals. Kritpre-NP. [Accessed on 26th July 2022] https://www.krishlarpharma.com/product/kritpre-np/
Written By Dr. R. Dinesh John Rajkumar, Pharm.D
Last updated on 06 Mar 2023 | 09:05 AM(IST)
Additional Discount on this product
Please get a call back from our expert
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.