What is NIMULID TRANS Gel used for?
NIMULID TRANS Gel oral is used for the treatment of acute pain, osteoarthritis, postoperative pain and dysmenorrhoea.
NIMULID TRANS Gel topical is used for the treatment of acute pain, sprain and acute traumatic tendonitis.
NIMULID TRANS Gel may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does NIMULID TRANS Gel work?
NIMULID TRANS Gel belongs to the class of drugs called nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs). This drug acts by blocking the synthesis of certain inflammation-causing agents. Thus, it helps in relieving pain and inflammation.
How to use NIMULID TRANS Gel The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Use NIMULID TRANS Gel as prescribed by your doctor.
- Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take NIMULID TRANS Gel tablets with or without food.
- Shake the syrup well before taking each dose to ensure the uniform mixing of the drug.
- Wash and clean the affected area and apply a thin layer of NIMULID TRANS Gel gel over the affected area.
If you miss a dose of NIMULID TRANS Gel, use it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not use a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
The overdose symptoms of NIMULID TRANS Gel include the following:
- Gastrointestinal haemorrhage
- High blood pressure
- Kidney failure
You must seek immediate medical care if you experience any of the above symptoms.
What are the drugs that interact with NIMULID TRANS Gel?
Drugs that interact with NIMULID TRANS Gel include the following:
- Valproic acid
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of NIMULID TRANS Gel?
The following are the most common side effects of NIMULID TRANS Gel oral :
- Stomach pain
The following are the most common side effects of NIMULID TRANS Gel topical :
- Sour stomach
- Abdominal cramps
- Skin rash
- Elevated liver enzymes
- Blood clotting disorders
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while using NIMULID TRANS Gel?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to NIMULID TRANS Gel or similar drugs.
- Seek doctor’s advice before taking any other drug or herbal products while on NIMULID TRANS Gel.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may increase the risk of hepatic reactions.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if NIMULID TRANS Gel oral causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Avoid NIMULID TRANS Gel during pregnancy or breastfeeding because the safe use of the drug is not yet established.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Stopping the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
- Do not exceed the dose more than what is prescribed.
- Be cautious while taking NIMULID TRANS Gel if you have any kidney or liver impairment.
- Use a measuring cup while taking each dose.
- Keep the medication out of reach of children.
You are advised not to use NIMULID TRANS Gel if:
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before using NIMULID TRANS Gel?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of stomach problems, high blood pressure, fluid retention or oedema.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Notify your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently Asked questions about NIMULID TRANS Gel
- How should NIMULID TRANS Gel be stored?
- What are the contraindications of NIMULID TRANS Gel?
- Can I stop using NIMULID TRANS Gel if the pain subsides?
Store NIMULID TRANS Gel tablets at room temperature (15 – 30OC). Protect from light, heat, and moisture.
NIMULID TRANS Gel is contraindicated in the patients with severe liver diseases and hypersensitivity to the drug.
No, it is not advised to discontinue NIMULID TRANS Gel without doctor’s consent. Please consult your doctor if the pain subsides.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.