What is NIMORAZOL Tablet used for?
NIMORAZOL Tablet is primarily used for the treatment of trichomoniasis, giardiasis and amoebiasis. It is also used in the treatment of acute ulcerative gingivitis.
NIMORAZOL Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does NIMORAZOL Tablet work?
NIMORAZOL Tablet belongs to the class of drugs called antibiotics. This drug acts by interfering with the bacterial DNA and inhibits the synthesis of bacteria. Thus, it relieves the bacterial infections by causing bacterial cell death.
How to take NIMORAZOL Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take NIMORAZOL Tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take NIMORAZOL Tablet tablets with or without food.
If you miss a dose of NIMORAZOL Tablet, take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with NIMORAZOL Tablet?
Consult your doctor for potential drug interactions.
What are the side effects of NIMORAZOL Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of NIMORAZOL Tablet:
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Epigastric pain
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking NIMORAZOL Tablet?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to NIMORAZOL Tablet or similar drugs.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption of NIMORAZOL Tablet.
- Avoid NIMORAZOL Tablet during pregnancy or breastfeeding because the safe use of the drug is not yet established.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Stopping the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
- Do not exceed the dose more than what is prescribed.
- Be cautious while taking NIMORAZOL Tablet if you have any heart diseases.
- Keep the medication out of reach of children.
You are advised not to take NIMORAZOL Tablet if:
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking NIMORAZOL Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of blood dyscrasias, heart, liver or kidney diseases.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Notify your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently Asked questions about NIMORAZOL Tablet
- Can I alter the dose of NIMORAZOL Tablet?
- How long should I take NIMORAZOL Tablet?
- How should NIMORAZOL Tablet be stored?
No, it is not advised to alter the dose of NIMORAZOL Tablet. Altering the dose may result in severe side effects.
NIMORAZOL Tablet should be taken for a prescribed duration. Please consult your doctor if you should discontinue the medication.
Store NIMORAZOL Tablet tablets at room temperature (15 – 30OC). Protect from light, heat, and moisture.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.