NIKORAN 10mg Tablet 20's
|Available substitute||7 substitute/s available|
Rs.54.75 (86% Savings)
Rs.144.00 (64% Savings)
Rs.170.00 (58% Savings)
Rs.216.50 (47% Savings)
Rs.266.00 (35% Savings)
Please note, before you can choose the low cost generic option, please ask your doctor to add the generic drug to your prescription.
What is Nicorandil used for?
Nicorandil is used for the treatment of long-term chest pain (angina).
Nicorandil may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does Nicorandil work?
Nicorandil belongs to the class of drugs called anti-anginal drugs. This drug acts by dilating blood vessels. Thus, it decreases preload and afterload on the heart and also increases the coronary blood flow.
How to use Nicorandil?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Use Nicorandil as prescribed by your doctor.
- Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take Nicorandil tablets with or without food.
- Nicorandil injection should be administered only under medical supervision.
If you miss a dose of Nicorandil, use it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not use a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with Nicorandil?
Drugs that interact with Nicorandil include the following:
- Nitric oxide
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of Nicorandil?
The following are the most common side effects of Nicorandil:
- Muscle pain
- Mouth ulcers
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Low blood pressure
- Increased heart rate
- Abdominal pain
- Rectal ulcers
- Trouble breathing
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions Nicorandil?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to Nicorandil or similar drugs.
- Seek doctor’s advice before taking any other drug or herbal products while on Nicorandil.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption of Nicorandil.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if the Nicorandil causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Avoid Nicorandil during pregnancy or breastfeeding because the safe use of the drug is not yet established.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Stopping the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
- Be cautious while taking Nicorandil if you have any heart, kidney or liver impairment.
- Keep the medication out of reach of children.
- Consult the doctor before taking any other drug along with Nicorandil.
You are advised not to use Nicorandil if:
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before using Nicorandil?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of low blood pressure, cardiogenic shock, low heart rate, heart failure and erectile dysfunction.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Notify your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently Asked Questions about Nicorandil
- How should Nicorandil be stored?
- Is it safe to stop taking Nicorandil once the symptoms subside?
- Do I need to be monitored for any laboratory parameters while using Nicorandil?
Store Nicorandil tablets at room temperature (15 – 30OC). Protect from light, heat, and moisture.
It is not advised to discontinue the medicine without doctor’s consent.
Yes, it is advised to monitor blood pressure regularly while using Nicorandil.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.