NICOSTAR 5mg Tablet 20's
*on All Full Pre-Paid Orders
- Cashback validity: 100 days
(Max Rs.125) Extra Rs.50 cashback for Amazon Prime members. T&C Apply.
Rs.114.00 (16% Savings)
Please note, before you can choose the low cost generic option, please ask your doctor to add the generic drug to your prescription.
What is NICOSTAR 5mg Tablet used for?
NICOSTAR 5mg Tablet is used for the treatment of long-term chest pain (angina).
NICOSTAR 5mg Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does NICOSTAR 5mg Tablet work?
NICOSTAR 5mg Tablet belongs to the class of drugs called anti-anginal drugs. This drug acts by dilating blood vessels. Thus, it decreases preload and afterload on the heart and also increases the coronary blood flow.
How to use NICOSTAR 5mg Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Use NICOSTAR 5mg Tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
- Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take NICOSTAR 5mg Tablet tablets with or without food.
- NICOSTAR 5mg Tablet injection should be administered only under medical supervision.
If you miss a dose of NICOSTAR 5mg Tablet, use it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not use a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with NICOSTAR 5mg Tablet?
Drugs that interact with NICOSTAR 5mg Tablet include the following:
- Nitric oxide
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of NICOSTAR 5mg Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of NICOSTAR 5mg Tablet:
- Muscle pain
- Mouth ulcers
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Low blood pressure
- Increased heart rate
- Abdominal pain
- Rectal ulcers
- Trouble breathing
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions NICOSTAR 5mg Tablet?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to NICOSTAR 5mg Tablet or similar drugs.
- Seek doctor’s advice before taking any other drug or herbal products while on NICOSTAR 5mg Tablet.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption of NICOSTAR 5mg Tablet.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if the NICOSTAR 5mg Tablet causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Avoid NICOSTAR 5mg Tablet during pregnancy or breastfeeding because the safe use of the drug is not yet established.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Stopping the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
- Be cautious while taking NICOSTAR 5mg Tablet if you have any heart, kidney or liver impairment.
- Keep the medication out of reach of children.
- Consult the doctor before taking any other drug along with NICOSTAR 5mg Tablet.
You are advised not to use NICOSTAR 5mg Tablet if:
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before using NICOSTAR 5mg Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of low blood pressure, cardiogenic shock, low heart rate, heart failure and erectile dysfunction.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Notify your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.