What is NICODUCE?
- NICODUCE contains Nicorandil which belongs to a group of medicines called ‘potassium channel activators’
WARNING & PRECAUTIONS
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
What NICODUCE is used for?
- NICODUCE is used to prevent or reduce painful signs (“angina pectoris”) of your heart disease and is used in adults who cannot take heart medicines called “beta-blockers” or “calcium antagonists”
- It works by increasing the blood flow through the blood vessels of the heart
- It improves the blood and oxygen supply of your heart muscle and reduces its workload
Talk to your doctor before taking this medicine, if you:
- are allergic to Nicorandil or any other ingredients of its medicine
- have severe low blood pressure (“hypotension”)
- have heart problems such as cardiogenic shock, or left ventricular failure
- have low blood volume
- have a build-up of fluid in the lungs (“pulmonary oedema”)
- have kidney problems or are taking other medicines that may increase potassium levels
- have heart problems such as heart failure
- have a genetic condition called “glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency”
- If you are pregnant or breast-feeding, think you may be pregnant or are planning to have a baby, ask your doctor for advice before taking this medicine
Like all medicines, this medicine can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them.
- red, itchy, swollen or watery eyes, including problems with a part of the eye called the ‘cornea’
- ulcers in your mouth, stomach, guts (small and large) or back passage
- feeling dizzy
- flushing of the skin
- nausea, vomiting
- feeling weak
- very fast, uneven or forceful heart-beat (palpitations)
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.