NEUROBION PLUS Tablet 10's
By Merck Ltd
*on All Full Pre-Paid Orders
- Cashback validity: 100 days
What is NEUROBION PLUS Tablet used for?
NEUROBION PLUS Tablet is used for the treatment of peripheral neuropathy, pernicious anaemia, seizures in children and megaloblastic anaemia.
NEUROBION PLUS Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does NEUROBION PLUS Tablet work?
NEUROBION PLUS Tablet belongs to the class of drugs called vitamin supplements. Mecobalamin acts by promoting the growth and maturation of blood cells by enhancing nucleic acid synthesis in the bone marrow.
Nicotinamide acts by maintaining triglyceride levels and promoting vasodilatory effect. Pyridoxine acts by involving in various biochemical reactions, such as metabolism of amino acids, synthesis of nucleic acids, haemoglobin and neurotransmitters.
How to use NEUROBION PLUS Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual.
NEUROBION PLUS Tablet is available as an injection. Therefore, it should be administered only under the supervision of a healthcare provider.
If you miss a dose of NEUROBION PLUS Tablet, please consult your doctor immediately.
What are the drugs that interact with NEUROBION PLUS Tablet?
Drugs that interact with NEUROBION PLUS Tablet include the following:
- Aminosalicylic acid
- Insulin lispro
- Insulin regular
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of NEUROBION PLUS Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of NEUROBION PLUS Tablet:
- Feeling of warmth
- Hot sensation
- Muscle pain or weakness
- Pain at injection site
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Decreased vision
- Severe numbness of the limbs
- Difficulty in passing urine
- Severe abdominal discomfort
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while receiving NEUROBION PLUS Tablet?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to NEUROBION PLUS Tablet or similar drugs.
- Seek doctor’s advice before taking any other drug or herbal products while on NEUROBION PLUS Tablet.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption of NEUROBION PLUS Tablet.
- Do not exceed the dose more than what is prescribed.
What should you tell your doctor before receiving NEUROBION PLUS Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of liver and kidney disorders.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- If you have to undergo any surgery or medical procedure, you must inform the doctor about the usage of NEUROBION PLUS Tablet.
- Inform the doctor if you have any history of allergic reaction with the usage of NEUROBION PLUS Tablet.
- Notify the doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently Asked questions about NEUROBION PLUS Tablet
- Should I follow any special dietary instructions while receiving NEUROBION PLUS Tablet?
- What are the other formulations of NEUROBION PLUS Tablet available?
- I am on NEUROBION PLUS Tablet injection for peripheral neuropathy. Can I stop the drug if I feel better?
- How should NEUROBION PLUS Tablet be stored?
It is advised to avoid consumption of alcohol while using NEUROBION PLUS Tablet medicine as it decreases the rate of drug absorption in the body.
Apart from injection, NEUROBION PLUS Tablet medicine is also available as a tablet.
It is not advised to stop using NEUROBION PLUS Tablet injection even if you feel better, as discontinuing using the medicine may lead to a relapse of the condition.
Store in a cool and dry place. Avoid exposing the drug to moisture, light and radiation.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.