Please enter your name, mobile number and E-mail ID, and we will send you an email when the requested item is back in stock.
What is NETILMAC 10mg Injection used for?
Netilmicin Sulphate is used for the treatment of a wide variety of serious bacterial infections, such as urinary tract infections, respiratory tract infections, gastrointestinal tract infections and skin infections.
NETILMAC 10mg Injection may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does NETILMAC 10mg Injection work?
Netilmicin Sulphate belongs to the class of drugs called aminoglycoside antibiotics. The drug acts by binding to certain regions of bacterial DNA and inhibits protein synthesis. Thus, it helps in inhibiting the growth and propagation of bacteria.
How to administer NETILMAC 10mg Injection ?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual.
NETILMAC 10mg Injection should be administered only under medical supervision.
If you miss a dose of Netilmicin Sulphate, please consult your doctor immediately.
What are the drugs that interact with NETILMAC 10mg Injection ?
Drugs that interact with NETILMAC 10mg Injection include the following:
- Salicylic acid
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of NETILMAC 10mg Injection ?
The following are the most common side effects of NETILMAC 10mg Injection :
- Muscle twitching
- Painful urination
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Hearing loss
- Kidney damage
- Trouble breathing
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while receiving NETILMAC 10mg Injection ?
- Avoid receiving the medicine if you are allergic to NETILMAC 10mg Injection or similar drugs.
- Seek doctor’s advice before taking any other drug or herbal products while on NETILMAC 10mg Injection .
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if NETILMAC 10mg Injection causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Avoid NETILMAC 10mg Injection during pregnancy or breastfeeding because the safe use of the drug is not yet established.
- Do not stop receiving the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Stopping the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
- Be cautious while taking NETILMAC 10mg Injection if you have any kidney or liver impairment.
- Keep the medication out of reach of children.
You are advised not to receive NETILMAC 10mg Injection if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before receiving NETILMAC 10mg Injection ?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of kidney problems, muscle disorders, such as myasthenia gravis, hearing problems, mineral imbalances and allergies.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Notify your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently Asked questions about NETILMAC 10mg Injection
- How should NETILMAC 10mg Injection be stored?
- Is it safe to use NETILMAC 10mg Injection in elderly?
- Can I stop using Netilmicin Sulphate if I am feeling better?
Store NETILMAC 10mg Injection at controlled temperature (2° – 30°C) and avoid exposure to sunlight and moisture.
Elderly patients are sensitive to the effects of NETILMAC 10mg Injection . Consult your doctor before administering the medicine.
No, it is not advised to discontinue Netilmicin Sulphate without doctor’s consent.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.